App Growth Lead
New York, NY or Remote
Design & Product
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $75M in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across the United States, Toronto, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Gambia and Hong Kong.
What Is App Mining?
App Mining is a novel economic system created by the Blockstack community that rewards teams that build apps people want. Each month up to $1,000,000 is paid out across every Blockstack app team enrolled in the program, based on their app’s impact on the ecosystem. We believe that this economic system can grow well beyond where it is today.
As App Growth Lead, you will be responsible for the growth and development of App Mining. This role requires creative thinking across varied disciplines: governance design, automation, product management, product design, marketplace design, incentive design, and game theory. The ideal candidate has a hybrid experience of growth and product management.
What you’ll do:
•Collaborate with leadership, growth, and engineering teams to set strategies and build a product roadmap.
•Establish and measure KPIs for App Mining success. This may include work on groundbreaking, privacy-preserving analytics tools.
•Engage with our developer community to improve the App Mining program.
•Define and execute growth strategies for both app quantity and quality through the App Mining mechanism.
•Forge partnerships with new App Mining review partners and distribution partners.
•Improve App Mining registration funnel, developer tools, admin tools, and marketing automation.
•Help build a long-term dedicated design, engineering, growth, and operations team.
What we're looking for:
•5-10 years of experience building and leading products: Consumer app ecosystems or marketplaces preferred.
•A proven track record of leveraging product improvement to drive marketplace growth.
•Strong understanding of the decentralized app ecosystem and protocols including technology, competitors, and adoption challenges.
•Experience with marketplace metrics, relevant instrumentation, and making data-driven decisions.
•Experience and interest in game-theory and economics.
Benefits & Perks:
• Equity and Stacks tokens (STX - are the native token of the Blockstack computing network)
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Paid time off & Unlimited sick days
• 100% paid gold level health benefits, including vision and dental with no deductible
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care(FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to enable an secure and private decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users: Blockstack Source Code
• Remote first team with HQ in New York City
• $75 total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 300+ apps launched on Blockstack
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Blockstack PBC is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.