New York, NY or Remote
Blockstack is looking for a passionate and experienced distributed systems engineer to join a team of experts to implement a new blockchain architecture for Blockstack apps, decreasing transaction time and cost for the Blockstack ecosystem, while enabling new functionality. This role is ideal for engineers who are experts in peer-to-peer protocol development, familiar with the bitcoin blockchain, and keen to build a clean-slate system from the ground up.
- Research, strategize and educate on methodology and best practices for blockchain design, implementation, and deployment
- Collaborate with a team and open source community to design and build the Stacks blockchain with the following design goals:
- Decreased transaction times and costs
- Programmable payment systems
- Programmable name management systems
- Hybrid on-chain/off-chain programming models
- Custom per-namespace consensus algorithms
- Protocols for enacting soft forks
- Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure
- Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities(e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
You have worked with a founding team building a blockchain, are an expert in decentralized solutions, and are passionate about our mission of building a new decentralized internet.
- Deployment of a working testnet for developers to test their decentralized applications
- Successfully design the Stacks Blockchain, such that it can support benchmark use-cases of Blockstack decentralized applications
- Successful launch of the Stacks Blockchain, measured in the transaction bandwidth of the Stacks network
- Expert knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed system design and implementation, including familiarity with state-of-the-art academic literature on the subject and practical knowledge on engineering successful peer-to-peer systems.
-Experience in the low-level implementation and protocol details of a widely-deployed public blockchain
-Strong background in security-oriented system design, with a focus on applied cryptography
-Must be able to identify and defend against plausible protocol-level and network-level attacks on the system.
- Experience deploying Bitcoin infrastructure, likeUTXO providers and block explorers
Qualities + Traits
-Passion for building the new internet for decentralized apps
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Excellent communication