New York, NY or Remote /
Design & Product /
Blockstack is software for a user-owned internet. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. Core protocols for Blockstack are developed as open-source and there are 400+ independent apps on the network. Blockstack PBC is a leading entity within the Stacks Ecosystem, advancing the initial research and development of the Stacks Blockchain and developer tools for decentralized applications. The mission of the open-source community and broader ecosystem is to provide software for a user owned internet that returns online data ownership to developers and consumers.
Blockstack PBC was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors in Canada, Europe, and Asia, Blockstack PBC is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
As a Documentation Lead at Blockstack PBC, you will be accountable for creating quality content to empower and accelerate developers building on the Stacks 2.0 Blockchain. You will develop a deep understanding of the Stacks platform and write documentation that helps developers design, build and deploy decentralized applications and smart contracts.
What you'll do:
- Write, review, edit, organize new and existing content for developer tools
- Distill complex, technical topics and turn into easy to understand documentation
- Establish an efficient process for maintaining and updating documentation on an on-going basis
- Trial new tools that are still in development to fully understand developers’ goals and pain points
- Actively engage and involve community members to multiply documentation improvements
- Support technical partners and enable high impact integrations with relevant documentation
- Analyze, gather feedback, and research effectiveness and impact of documentation to identify opportunities for improvements in content, tooling, and the docs system
- Work cross functionally with product, design, and growth teams to support product goals, improve UX, and increase adoption.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with technical writing and editing, particularly with developer documentation
- Experience enforcing documentation standards, guidelines and driving best-practices
- Understanding of Markdown/MDX, Typescript, React/Next.Js
- Experience with development tools and practices(Git, GitHub and/or similar docs-as-code environment)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
We'd also like to see:
- Experience creating a learning strategy and crafting tutorials to support platform goals
- Familiarity with NodeJS, blockchain, and/or Smart Contracts(Clarity)
Benefits & Perks:
• Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development stipend
• $1000 per year of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Flexible vacation policy
• Family-Friendly health benefits
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care (FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to build a user-owned internet
• Remote first team with HQ in New York City
• $75M total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 400+ apps launched on Blockstack
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Blockstack PBC is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.