Developer Experience Product Lead
New York, NY or Remote
Design & Product
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $50M+ in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
We’re seeking an experienced product leader who is passionate about developer tooling and has a history of shipping successful software. We are a small but mighty team, and we pride ourselves on being first, and foremost, a developer platform. This critical role will report to our Head of Product and will own the roadmap for our developer tools and crafting our developer experience—the job requires a sharp analytical mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for taking on some of the most complex challenges of our time.
- Learn from our ecosystem app developers and their experience adopting our SDKs, goals, and challenges. You will become their advocate and champion.
- Translate your understanding into prioritized platform upgrades that you will manage through the entire development lifecycle. This includes managing roadmaps, schedules, backlogs, deadlines, documentation, testing, marketing, and evangelism.
- Analyze developer feedback through surveys, interviews, support, and qualitative feedback.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as leadership, growth, and operations to ensure your upgrades drive increased adoption and move key metrics.
- Help solve complex, multi-disciplinary technical challenges with your team of engineers, often through clarifying goals, trade-offs, and risks.
- Help keep the team aligned and informed in ambiguous situations by asking the right questions and focusing on high-quality communication.
Specific Blockstack technologies you’ll work with: Stacks Blockchain, Gaia storage, Blockstack.js, iOS/Android SDKs, Clarity smart contract language, Blockstack explorer, and the Blockstack browser.
- 5+ years as a Technical Product Manager or engineer. Proven success in technical product outcomes from problem definition through deployed software.
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with leadership, marketing, and operations—and comfortable talking about goals, strategy, and adoption matters with our engineers. Able to express concepts in plain language to reach broad audiences and motivate teams.
Experience combining customer research, metrics, quantitative, and qualitative feedback to derive clear priorities that will move platform KPIs.
- Experience building roadmaps, project/release plans with a strong understanding of dependency management.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Experience building apps with blockchain-based decentralized app platforms: Ethereum, EOS, and similar platforms.
- Familiarity building apps with Blockstack infrastructure and tools.
- Technical founder who has led successful consumer or enterprise app startups.
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Benefits include remote work options, token grants in addition to equity compensation, and a budget for learning and education. We also offer 100% paid gold health benefits, daily lunch, and our spacious NYC HQ is centrally located in Flatiron.