New York, NY or Remote
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, is dedicated to building the core Blockstack protocols and developer platform. Blockstack PBC’s mission is to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
We’re looking for a QA engineer to help test critical Blockstack products, services, and infrastructure.
In this role you will lead all testing and QA activities, setting the strategy and process for manual and automated testing, and executing your plan while working with the greater engineering and product team. In this role you will work on developer and user facing edge cases, find where our software breaks, and be challenged to maintain a privacy focused and censorship free platform that is reliable for all Blockstack users. As a developer focused project, the Blockstack PBC team and community are very appreciative of quick bug identification and fixes, and code coverage. We embrace and encourage code review and critical peer review.
By identifying important bugs and decreasing time to fix, you will improve our relationship with our end users across the board.
- Design a QA strategy and process for manual and automated testing.
- Coordinate with product and engineering to understand product goals, and conduct manual testing throughout release cycles.
- Coordinate with product and engineering to define QA metrics/goals and design automated testing to minimize regression and bugs.
- Work with our DevOps team to automate deployments.
- Test across a wide range of environments: APIs, web, iOS, Android, and desktop(across Windows, macOS, and *nix environments).
- 5+ years professional development experience.
- Have worked independently in a QA function, ideally in a start-up in the past.
- Experience testing APIs, web apps, mobile apps, electron apps.
- Experience testing in multiple environments- our applications run on macOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Must have established practices at a well known start-up in the past.
- Excellent communication processes to delegate bugs and follow through on improvements.
- Detail-oriented to test across multiple devices and environments.
- Have a strong savvy of both manual and automated practices and willingness to do both.
- Set up and maintenance of integration with public CI services that provide cross platform testing and code coverage reporting.
- Strong competence in one or more major testing platforms (e.g. Selenium).
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Benefits include remote work options, token grants in addition to equity compensation, and a budget for learning and education. We also offer 100% paid gold health benefits, daily lunch, and our spacious NYC HQ is centrally located in Flatiron.