New York, NY
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $75M in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across the United States, Toronto, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Gambia and Hong Kong.
Blockstack is looking for a passionate and collaborative DevOps Engineer to help us deploy a new privacy focused internet. DevOps engineers at Blockstack are hybrid systems and software engineers with a two-pronged mission: 1) empower teams to build, test and deploy services used by hundreds of thousands of users(soon to be millions) at scale with high velocity and quality and 2) eliminate toil across our engineering, IT and other operations.
The position will be based in our NYC office.
What you"ll do:
• Improve the tooling and automation for building, testing and deploying software and services
• Collaborate with engineering teams on building / launching new products and features
• Implement industry best-practices and secure solutions to improve the security and ease-of-use of our production environment
• Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
• Improve operational standards, tooling, and processes
What we're looking for:
• 2-4 years experience in an SRE / devops / equivalent role
• Excellent communication skills and comfort working with a diverse team across time zones
• A sense of ownership, humility and bias to action
• Proficiency with Docker / containers, Linux, scripting & automation
• Experience deploying, scaling, and troubleshooting production services
• Experience using Google Cloud Platform or AWS
• An interest and/or exposure to infrastructure and application security
• Familiarity with running blockchain software(bitcoin, ethereum etc)
• Worked with software in the Kubernetes / CNCF ecosystem
• Experience with multiple technology stacks for configuration, monitoring, logging, alerting, CI/CD, application runtimes(Python, Node, Rust)
• Experience with some databases(e.g. Postgres) and storage systems(e.g. NFS, elasticsearch)
Benefits & Perks:
• Equity and Stacks tokens (STX - are the native token of the Blockstack computing network)
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Paid time off & Unlimited sick days
• 100% paid gold level health benefits, including vision and dental with no deductible
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care(FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to enable an secure and private decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users: Blockstack Source Code
• Remote first team with HQ in New York City
• $75 total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 300+ apps launched on Blockstack
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Blockstack PBC is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.