Director of Business Development, Strategic Partnerships
New York, NY or Remote /
Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts on Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem. The Stacks ecosystem is a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, in ways previously not possible.
Hiro Systems PBC was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Blockstack PBC is looking for an experienced Director of Strategic Partnerships to own business development. This is a new role that will work closely with our CEO and leadership team to manage external relationships and form strategic partnerships that grow Blockstack PBC’s developer tooling and audience. This role is ideal for leaders with expertise in business development and an interest in blockchain adoption, and a user-owned internet.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and manage key external relationships
- Drive partnerships from initial relationship through negotiations, due diligence, and eventual integration
- Establish strategy around key BD/partnership opportunities, identify gaps that can be addressed through partnerships
- Vet all inbound requests, filtering for quality and alignment with Blockstack PBC products
- Identify and source partnerships that will increase developer adoption for our software tools
- Manage negotiation, performing due diligence alongside finance and legal as needed
- Develop and execute engagement & partnership strategies: collaborate with internal and external engineering and product teams, overseeing technical integrations as needed to completion.
- Build external presence in the crypto and Web 3.0 community, representing PBC as needed
What We're Looking For:
- Significant experience initiating and overseeing partnerships with highly technical products
- Relationship builder comfortable working with stakeholders of all kinds, from executives to engineering and product teams both at Blockstack and in partner companies
- Adaptable and excited to work in a really fast-paced environment.
- Advanced communication skills in all forms: verbal, written, in person and online.
- Experience increasing adoption of a product/services from a developer community.
- Self-starter with history of project ownership.
- 6+ years of professional experience
Benefits & Perks:
• Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Stacks network
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development stipend
• $1000 per year of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Flexible vacation policy
• Family-Friendly health benefits
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care (FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to build a user-owned internet
• Remote first team with HQ in New York City
• $75M total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 400+ apps launched on Stacks
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing
Hiro Systems PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.