Head of Recruiting / Senior Recruiter
New York, NY
Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $50M+ in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across Hong Kong, Gambia, Barcelona, Toronto, and Seattle.
Blockstack is seeking a metrics-driven recruiting leader to help identify and attract best-in-class talent to Blockstack PBC. This role is ideal for a seasoned and well-networked individual who has previously scaled technology companies across all departments, with a specialty in senior technical recruiting. We anticipate that the person in this role will ultimately build out their team as our recruiting needs scale. This person will work directly with the Blockstack leadership team.
- Collaborate with team members to own the global recruiting strategy at Blockstack, creating a healthy pipeline of inbound, sourced, and referred leads for the highest quality talent.
- Own and redesign our recruitment life-cycle, including lead generation, screenings, interview process, offers, and onboarding.
- Build upon the Blockstack’semployer brand via online and in-person interaction(i.e., MeetUps, job boards, PR initiatives, etc).
- Develop and manage Blockstack’s recruiting budget.
- Hands-on recruit(source and screen) for a number of roles simultaneously.
- Leverage and own outside recruiting resources as appropriate.
- Manage and develop internal training needs to ensure hiring managers are equipped to help Blockstack succeed in building an exceptional recruiting function.
- Stay up to date about new projects and initiatives in the Blockchain space and react to market trends.
You take pride in building healthy, talented, top-tier organizations. You have worked in-house at a quickly growing tech company to hire 50+ people. You have references who will attest to your ability to scale sensibly and find the best talent to match a team dedicated to excellence. 5-8 years of experience preferred.
- Proven history of testing new recruitment initiatives, and drawing results accordingly.
- Ability to negotiate, with a strong understanding of equity and stock option incentives.
- Can deliver for multiple stakeholders, and history of building a team.
Qualities + Traits:
- Passion for building a decentralized computing platform as open source software.
- Enthusiasm for hard problems.
- Comfortable working independently, respond well to quick feedback loops and direction from team members.
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Benefits include remote work options, token grants in addition to equity compensation, and a budget for learning and education. We also offer 100% paid gold health benefits, daily lunch, and our spacious NYC HQ is centrally located in Flatiron.