Principal Software Engineer
Hi future colleague! My name is Krystyn Harrison, President at OrderMetrics. We’re looking to build the OrderMetrics team to help us in our mission to make it feel effortless for every digital merchant to grow their business.
Thousands of online shops around the world already use OrderMetrics to get an up-to-the-moment snapshot of their profit analytics and marketing performance. We’re honored to say many of our customers are obsessed with OrderMetrics—some even have our dashboard on a designated display in their office, so they can always keep an eye on their bottom line!
We’ve been around since 2016, but we’ve got big growth goals over the next few years. In service of that, we’re launching a whole new OrderMetrics in Q4 of 2020. It’s a complete refresh. A rebrand. A rebirth. A clean slate. We’ve got great bones, a clear value being delivered to our customers, and we’re rebuilding the guts of this business from the ground up, to help us grow even faster.
OrderMetrics is a completely remote team, led by a stellar leadership team including VP of Customer Engagement Jordan Matheson and VP of Marketing Ryan Kopperud, and myself. In 2019, we were acquired by Assembly, which puts us in a uniquely funded position, and in the good company of a family of strong e-commerce software businesses.
We are looking to hire a Principal Software Engineer to manage and oversee the engineering team at OrderMetrics. This individual will report directly to the CTO and indirectly to the President at OrderMetrics.
Sound like a fit? Want to join our mission? Please apply. We’d love to chat. For those of you who crave a more traditional description, see below!
What You'll Be Doing
- Write clear, well-tested, performant, and easy to review code
- Tackle hard problems and deliver complete solutions
- Manage, mentor, and oversee the engineering team at OrderMetrics
- Scale the engineering team that is responsible for OrderMetrics front-end engineering and OM integrations
- Responsible for frontend software engineering strategy, and assisting in implementation
- Responsible for data acquisition strategy, and assisting in implementation
- Break down work and spot issues early and your collaboration should make the entire organization faster, better, stronger.
- Take initiative working with other teams and functions to drive important changes through for our users and our colleagues, and spot places where we can work smarter without having to be asked.
- Prioritize well and help others on the team sort through what work is the most important, and help them stay focused.
- You will work alongside a Product Manager to prioritize and build new features at OM and lead a small engineering team focused on customer support issues and new growth features in 2021
- 5-7 years of experience
- React Native proficiency
- Data acquisition and processing experience (Python a plus)
- API layer implementation experience (Node a plus)
- Managed projects in the past, strong ability to prioritize and scope work
- The desire to roll up your sleeves and do great coding
- Manage a small team of 2-3 engineers and provide mentorship and guidance
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders - the ability to translate business/design requirements into technical requirements
- Excellent leadership skills, the ability to communicate effectively and coach others to improve (i.e., giving and receiving feedback is a core skill set of yours)
Bonus if you have...
- AWS knowledge
- Experience with Elastic EMR (Amazon tool for Hadoop)
- Domain expertise - in business intelligence saas or fintech (e.g., Wave Accounting, Freshbooks, etc.) and ideally in e-commerce
Our salary band is $150k to $200k CAD annually. We are flexible, so please apply if you think you’re the right person!
How We Hire
OrderMetrics is a remote-friendly office with flexible hours - for this role we will consider all applications from those based in Canada and The United States.
OrderMetrics looks for creative and intelligent minds who will contribute to defining the future of E-commerce business. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat with a Talent Advisor at Bloom, and then a couple of meetings with the team. We’ll take you through the exciting expectations of this role and how you can make an impact, then we make an offer. We believe in moving fast!
OrderMetrics is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, disabilities, and perspectives to apply.