Senior Product Manager
Santa Monica, CA
About the Position
BloomNation is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the small and growing scrappy Product Management organization. In this role you will be responsible for discovering and evaluating new opportunities, leading and executing key roadmap initiatives, and creating value and satisfaction for both consumers and local business owners.
- Drive product development efforts by taking ownership to scope and lead parts of the product roadmap
- Work alongside our CEO, engineering, and creative teams to iterate on your ideas
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize new B2B features and issues
- Build empathy and compassion into features to ensure quality and value to consumers and local business owners
- Create business cases and models to prioritize and set measurement goals for monetizable features
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and balanced decision making
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an ever changing environment
- Experienced with Agile and/or Lean development practices
- 6+ years of Product Management experience
- Strong technical and analytical abilities
- Local, e-commerce, or B2B experience
- Experienced with OKRs, Jobs-To-Be-Done, or Design Sprints
- Strong interpersonal skills
BloomNation is the Etsy for local florists.
Imagine if McDonald's was your only option for ordering food online. Ridiculous as the scenario may sound, it's exactly how the online floral industry operates today. The overwhelming bulk of online floral transactions go through a small handful of major "wire services" (FTD, 1800Flowers, Teleflora, etc.) that rolled up the floral industry in the early days of the internet by offering a generic set of bouquets, regardless of which florist fulfills the order. The problems are numerous: designs are lowest common denominator, florists receive only a small portion of what you pay & so must fulfill your order using their cheapest or dying flowers, the wire service middle man reduces accountability, and what you order is often not what you receive.
Enter BloomNation. We're able to provide consumers more unique bouquets, better value for your money, and higher quality flowers by bringing local artisan florists online. The opportunity we're pursuing is very rare: a huge badly broken market and a solution for which the industry is clamoring. Our marketplace makes the experience better for both consumers and local florists. Finances aside, we make the world more unique & interesting while helping local businesses thrive.
Our team is backed by the best investors in the industry including Ronny Conway, Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.). We are still early enough that options matter... a lot... We are recruiting Silicon Beach's top talent as we rapidly scale up our still small (~30 person) team. Join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart & if you want to own and be a leader in your area of expertise. If you're passionate, energetic, and easy to work with you will thrive here.