Business Development & Strategic Growth Intern
Santa Monica, CA
**This Intern will help BloomNation as we explore new Industries and will work directly with our Director of Growth!**
About the Internship
BloomNation is revolutionizing the way flowers are sent online. We connect people with top artisan florists from around the country by quickly and easily showing what unique floral arrangements are available locally. Here’s your opportunity to get your foot in the door at Los Angeles’ hottest startup. This is an amazing opportunity to contribute to the success of what will be the next Etsy/Amazon/Ebay (no joke!). Our investors include the same venture capital firms behind Instagram and Facebook.
What We Expect
You'll work closely with the Director of Growth on new Vertical Expansion while performing the following responsibilities.
• Researching prospect list for new industry
• Supporting Implementation Needs including webshop setup and catalog creation
• Help maintain Saleforce.com CR
• Projects as needed
• Analyzing customer data and analytics and creating reports.
• Passionate about startups and technology
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Research & Business Development skills
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com and/or other CRM systems a plus
• Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Superior communication skills
• Creative writing skills
• Love and appreciation for flowers and home decor!
• A service-oriented attitude focused on solutions and streamlining of processes
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions, including florists, developers, sales and support, to ensure company brand values and image are followed
• A work style and strong sense of integrity that promotes respect, credibility and trust throughout the organization
• Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
• Thrives in the organized chaos of a start-up environment
• Others would describe you as: service-oriented, quick learner, patient, multi-tasker, detail-oriented, resourceful, efficient, flexible, focused, organized, strong communicator, tech savvy, self-managing, accountable, a natural problem-solver
• Experience in fast-paced technology industry
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop or other photo editors
• Some knowledge/interest in the floral industry and/or e-commerce and small business solutions
• Familiarity with e-commerce database systems, quality assurance and/or online merchandising
• A brand new office on 3rd street promenade, one block away from the ocean.
• Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches.
• Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact.
• Flowers, flowers, and ....!
• Working in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the country (and world).
Status: Part-time (Minimum 20 hours/week)
Compensation: Travel Stipend
Reports to: Director of Growth
Start Time: January