Email Marketing Specialist
Santa Monica, CA
BloomNation is searching for an Email Marketing Specialist to help support our demand generation efforts. The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for creating, managing and executing BloomNation’s email marketing strategy to elevate BloomNation’s presence in not only the floral industry, but several new categories we are entering in 2020!
We’re looking for a strategic, data-driven, and creative specialist who will own the creation of web assets and data needed to develop and maintain effective email marketing campaigns. This role will be responsible for crafting high-impact email campaigns and identifying areas for technical optimization.
This position will work with all business units across the entire organization with a focus on new sales acquisition, partnering with sales operations to build accurate reporting and forecasting models, as well as reporting on ROI and funnel metrics.
Ideally, a successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced start-up culture, and deeply understands the requirements of an effective email marketing strategy that can scale quickly.
More Specifically, you will be:
- Setting reasonable objectives and campaign goals
- Conduct extensive testing and analysis of email marketing efforts including delivery, creative layout, subject line testing, open rate, click-through rate and segmentation performance to develop best practices for ongoing optimization of email campaigns
- Ensuring that the finished project meets campaign goals while exceeding the industry’s best practices
- Suggesting recommendations for increased performance as well as developing and implementing email automation
- Create and maintain a trigger email program that will react to the customer lifecycle and help to maximize sales team effectiveness
- Evolving the email program to ensure that we stay a step ahead of industry trends and competitor efforts
- Conducting regular in-depth reviews of the email program
- Identify target audience and grow email/sms lists
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns (popups etc...)
What's In It For You?
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Tons of growth opportunities, with the ability to make an immediate impact and mold a career in tech
- Generous holiday, vacation and sick time.
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, rideshare, or metro credits
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic, collaborative and dedicated group of people from all over the world
You will excel if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing and/or related field
- 1+ years of email marketing experience, preferably for a Saas or e-Commerce company
- The ability to clearly articulate and successfully translate strategy into results
- Understanding of market research, revenue-generating programs, database management, and online marketing strategies
- Proficiency with using Salesforce, Marketo and MailChimp.
- Experience in developing a B2B email marketing strategy
- Understanding of efficient and impactful email marketing strategies
- Experience in measurement tools used to assess the impact of marketing efforts
- Demonstrated understanding of how marketing, product, and sales work seamlessly to help brands succeed
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage a broad portfolio of projects simultaneously
- A Positive attitude, strong work ethic and a solutions oriented approach are must-haves!
More About us...
BloomNation started as the fastest grow online marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry. In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our florists' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and we show no signs of slowing down.
In 2015, we built a B2B growth platform for the floral industry...and beyond.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!