Director of Business Development
Santa Monica, CA
BloomNation is searching for a Director of Business Development (DBD) to help support our incredible growth and new vertical expansion as we continue to expand the breadth of our Saas offering. Reporting to our Vice President of Sales, the DBD will lead initiatives to grow the BloomNation footprint across the US market, in floral and beyond.
The DBD will be both strategic and tactical, able to forge, manage, and optimize partnerships with major wholesalers and brands in the speciality retailer space. You will identify prospective partners, introduce our company and platform to them, nurture relationships, and ultimately sign and manage win-win business relationships with the leaders in our field. You will also be involved in managing our existing partnerships, including identifying ways to make them more successful for both parties.
Note - this is not a role where you are selling to florists or a small business directly. This role is designed to hunt, negotiate and sign partnerships that will generate demand for our sales team through customer referrals, reseller partnerships, etc.
A successful candidate will be hungry, innovative, charismatic, organized and obsessed with leading demand-gen initiatives, as well as working in a highly collaborative environment with very high levels of autonomy. We like to give training, support goals and a budget - but let you deliver as you see fit.
As we scale and grow into 2021, this role would also be responsible for building a team of business development professionals, so leadership skills are a must.
More specifically, you will be:
- Grow BloomNation's network of wholesalers, vendors and referral partners
- Core member of the revenue leadership team responsible for developing strategies and plans to increase lead-gen efforts, brand awareness, and overall market presence.
- Be proficient invalidating/identifying and building relationships with all key individuals within a partner's organization
- Travel 50% to conferences, networking events and partner/wholesaler events and locations
- Drive contract negotiations with existing and prospective partners, leveraging internal business partners as appropriate.
- Own and improve BloomNation's biz-dev processes and partner engagement levels, as well as support initial project solutions and pitch development with the Sales/BD org, collaborating with internal stakeholders (Sales, Product, Technology, Marketing, and Customer Success) to effectively close new partnership and reseller deals.
- Maintain pipeline progress, forecast accuracy, and opportunity progression via CRM (Salesforce)
- Craft unique and innovative contracts, as well as track competitor activity, to provide BloomNation a strategic edge in all markets
- Create annual and quarterly business plans, presenting monthly/quarterly results and updates to the executive team
- Ability to work independently using judgment and discretion is essential.
- Familiarity with the E-Commerce space and a proven track record of effective, credible B2B lead follow-up and sales development at multiple levels within an organization are definite pluses.
What's in it for you?
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Tons of growth opportunities, with the ability to make an immediate impact and mold your career in tech
- Generous holiday, vacation and sick time.
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, rideshare, or metro credits
- Fully stocked snack bar, coffee, kombucha, beverages & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic, collaborative and dedicated group of people from all over the world
You will excel if you have:
- 5+ Years experience in business development, enterprise sales or sales leadership.
- High Proficiency with Salesforce, SalesLoft, Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience leading both team and client facing meetings, presenting technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Clear understanding of building partnerships and negotiating exclusive referral agreements
- Well-developed capabilities in problem-solving and crafting efficient processes
- A result and success oriented mentality, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
- An ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner
- An innate drive to innovate and optimize the use of available resources
- Comfort with autonomy as well as adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
- Enjoy working collaboratively across multiple-departments as well as leading change and rolling up your sleeves when necessary
More about us!
BloomNation is a tech company that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry...and beyond.
In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local businesses to run a successful online E-Commerce business. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our customers' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and that's just the beginning.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of BuiltInLA's "Best Startups to Work For" in 2019
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot.
BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!