Senior Full Stack Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
We are looking for a senior full stack engineer to join our development team. You will work to build out an entire ecosystem for our suite of B2B enterprise florist tools as well as create features and functionality for our online floral marketplace, BloomNation.com, with more than 3,000 florists across the country. As our team grows you will help to architect the future of technology for our company.
More specifically, you will be:
- This role will focus on all new features across our platform, including BloomNation.com, our Premium Sites, and our Florist Dashboard and POS applications
- Implementation of our REST and GraphQL APIs
- Mentor other engineers on best practices via pair programming sessions
- Work with product and engineering teams during agile lifecycle to deliver both engineering and product feature sets
- Advise on best practices and ensuring the highest quality of engineering solutions through code reviews
What's in it for you:
- Very competitive compensation plan
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Health, Vision & Dental
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- A brand new office on the 3rd street promenade, one block away from the ocean.
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches.
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact.
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Working in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the country (and world)
You will excel if you have:
- Advanced knowledge of Node.js and React.js
- Knowledge of Redux/MobX, we use MobX
- Deep understanding of both relational (MySql) and NoSQL (we use DynamoDB) persistence layers and knowing when to choose one over the other
- Experience with search platforms such as ElasticSearch or Solr, we use ES
- Experience with distributed caching such as Redis or Memcached, we use Redis
- Understanding of front end technologies such as CSS, SASS, LESS, HTML
- Understanding of AWS technologies such as EC2, ElasticCache, RDS, SQS, SNS, S3, Route53, AMIs, VPCs
- Comfort working in team environment using best practices and tools; We currently use Git/Github with Gitflow for source control, Jira for Story tracking and Travis for CI, and we strive for TDD
- Succinct communication with the ability to fully explain technical problems and their solutions
- An upbeat attitude - every problem has a solution
- Knowledge of GraphQL, experience with eCommerce software, PHP and a degree in Computer Science are a plus!
More about us!
BloomNation is the online marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry. In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our florists' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and we show no signs of slowing down.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!