Digital Marketing Manager
Santa Monica, CA
BloomNation is searching for a Digital Marketing Manager to help build the foundation of a new marketing department. The DMM will be responsible for creating, managing and executing BloomNation’s content strategies across multiple channels to elevate BloomNation’s presence in not only the floral industry, but several new categories we are entering in 2020!
This is a leadership role for our current marketing team, who lead our B2B outreach and growth strategies. We sell to SMB's in several categories and need a marketing leader who can really drive home our lead generation efforts.
The ideal is a natural leader and marketing strategist who also enjoys getting "in the weeds" and individually contributing to the success of our efforts.
We’re looking for a strategic, data-driven, and ambitious leader who will own the building of sales pipeline and new business revenue growth.
This position will work with all business units across the entire organization with a focus on new sales acquisition.
Ideally, a successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced start-up culture, and deeply understands the requirements to effectively scale and build a growth-driven company.
More specifically, you will be:
- Developing strategic marketing plans that align with BloomNation’s vendor acquisition objectives including email marketing, B2B optimized landing pages, digital content (testimonial videos) & optimized paid marketing channels
- Building and managing a content calendar that attracts a qualified audience, including email campaigns, blog posts, white papers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc
- Manage a team of 2-3 existing marketing team members.
- Managing the development and execution of all lead generation programs to drive demo requests, nurture leads and optimize funnel conversion rates
- Planing, managing and taking responsibility for the B2B marketing budget and re-prioritize for improved ROI
- Driving the strategy and execution of lead nurturing programs through email, webinars, events, co-marketing, etc. to engage prospects higher in the funnel
- Manage email marketing, including strategy, creative, calendaring, implementation, execution, optimization, monitoring, reporting and analysis to increase revenue.
- Optimize email programs through continual testing of creative, cadence, offers, targeting, etc.
- Monitor and optimize deliverability and ensure CAN-SPAM compliance to maintain high deliverability, data hygiene, and channel health.
- Work closely with other team members to analyze and monitor results, maintain high inbox delivery rates, define business and data requirements for email campaign implementations when it comes to building journeys, triggers, and dynamic emails.
- Work to bring our paid ad campaigns in-house, streamlining the process and providing detailed funnel reporting.
- Proactively evaluate branding, design, messaging, and functionality of email to develop the most effective email campaigns.
- Articulating a creative vision and manage its execution for a range of mediums and platforms
- Working with other departments to ensure cross-platform execution and activation of omni-channel marketing and communications campaigns
- Ensuring all creative assets properly reflect BloomNation’s brand and are consistent with our marketing and messaging objectives
What’s in it for you:
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Tons of growth opportunities, with the ability to make an immediate impact and mold a career in tech
- Generous holiday, vacation and sick time.
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, rideshare, or metro credits
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic, collaborative and dedicated group of people from all over the world
You will excel if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing and/or related field
- 3+ years of marketing experience, preferably for a Saas or e-Commerce company
- The ability to clearly articulate and successfully translate strategy into results
- Understanding of market research, revenue-generating programs, database management, and online marketing strategies
- A thorough understanding of email, paid digital ads and social media strategy.
- Experience in developing a B2B multichannel marketing strategy
- Understanding of efficient and impactful email marketing strategies
- Experience in measurement tools used to assess the impact of marketing efforts
- Demonstrated understanding of how marketing, product, and sales work seamlessly to help brands succeed
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage a broad portfolio of projects simultaneously
- A Positive attitude, strong work ethic and a solutions oriented approach are must-haves!
More about us!
BloomNation started as the fastest grow online marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry. In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our florists' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and we show no signs of slowing down.
In 2015, we built a B2B growth platform for the floral industry...and beyond.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!