Site Reliability Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
We are looking for a site reliability engineer to join our development team. You will work to protect and help us scale out an entire ecosystem for our suite of B2B enterprise florist tools for our online floral marketplace, BloomNation.com, with more than 3,000 florists across the country. As our team grows you will help to architect the future of technology for our company. This is a new lead position on our engineering team with the ability help shape the site reliability and devops culture and make it your own.
More specifically, you will
- Work with your fellow engineers to define deployment, configuration and monitoring requirements
- Automate the provisioning, configuration, and monitoring of our platform
- Be accountable for system updates, backups, uptime, logging, alerts, and testing
- Lead 24/7 on-call rotation
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Lead in security measures such as WAF and Security Group analysis
You will excel if you have
- Excellent Linux skills and experience with running high-available applications
- Strong experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience with our current stack - Nginx, Apache, PHP, Node.js, MySQL, Redis, Elastic Search (ELK for logging management)
- Good understanding of configuration management tools like Chef or Ansible
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or higher degree
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor, great attitude and team player!
What's in it for you
- Very competitive compensation plan
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Health, Vision & Dental
- Opportunity for career advancement
- A brand new office on the 3rd street promenade, one block away from the ocean
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Working in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the country (and world)
More about us!
BloomNation is the online marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry. In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our florists' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and we show no signs of slowing down.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!