Sales Development Representative (Part-Time)
Santa Monica, CA
2020 is here and the BloomNation sales team is scaling rapidly! We are looking for passionate, coachable, and incredibly tenacious individuals who are not only seeking a career in sales, but who can bring unique value to our growing team.
The sales leadership at BloomNation remembers what it was like when we were in school, starting a family or working on other projects, as well as how hard it was to break into the "tech" scene full-time. We also know how frustrating it was to be a student looking for entry level roles that still required experience.
So, in the spirit of also providing flexible schedules and experience to those team members who need it, we are excited to offer our first part-time sales roles for candidates who are looking to kick-start a sales career but have other responsibilities that make a full-time role difficult to take on.
Graduating soon and considering a career in sales? Let BloomNation be your launch pad.
Already working part-time and need more, but still need flexibility in your schedule? This is the role for you.
Tired of the coffee shop and wish you could build more skills that will lead to better opportunities down the road? Let us help you get there.
You'll learn how to prospect, cold call, demonstrate value and close - everything you need to build a career in sales. You’ll start working cold leads both from campaigns generated by our marketing department and from generating leads yourself.
By the way, we are also hiring full-time SDRs, so if you're ready to commit to a career in technology sales, please check out our openings for that role!
More specifically, you will be:
- Participating in our training program to get you up to speed on the industry, our product, sales cycle, and direct competitors
- Developing cold calling stamina and becoming a hunter; prospecting key decision makers and leads
- Excelling in full life-cycle SMB and SaaS-selling techniques
- Becoming an industry expert across several verticals, starting with the floral industry.
- Maintaining active engagement with leads until they are qualified for demos
- Partnering with our experienced Account Executives to help fill sales pipelines
- Crushing monthly quotas and exceeding expectations
- Conducting weekly one-on-one sessions with your Sales Manager to receive direct coaching and insight
- Holding you and your team accountable as we strive to revolutionize an industry
- Partner with marketing to build creative outreach campaigns - you can reap the benefits of your own ideas!
What's in it for you:
- Plenty of room for growth. We ONLY promote from within and we're happy to move you to full-time if/when it makes sense for your journey.
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- Generous PTO and Sick-Time Policy. Use it - sales is a mental sport and you need to recharge!
- Transportation coverage in the form of parking, ride-share, or metro credit
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Company provided gear & swag (MacBook Pro, t-shirt, sunglasses, etc.)
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate impact to the company
- Work in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the world
You will excel if you are:
- A quick problem-solver with an ability to think on your toes
- Inquisitive by nature
- Tech-savvy with a knack for explaining technology to others
- A strong communicator with uncanny organizational and time management skills (efficiency is key)
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and “do what it takes” startup culture
- Eager to learn and the definition of "coachable"
- Great at building rapport and establishing relationships
- Hungry and possess a high need for a competition and achievement
- Sales experience is always a plus but certainly not required. It’s the right drive and mentality that counts!
More about us!
BloomNation is a tech company that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry...and beyond.
In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local businesses to run a successful online E-Commerce business. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our customers' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and that's just the beginning.
In 2020 we are planning to continue to launch new verticals and create incredible growth opportunities for our business, customers and team members.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of BuiltInLA's "Best Startups to Work For" in 2019
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot.
BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!