Senior Platform Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
We are looking for a senior platform engineer to join our development team. You will work to build out an entire ecosystem for our suite of B2B enterprise florist tools as well as create features and functionality for our online floral marketplace, BloomNation.com, with more than 3,000 florists across the country. As our team grows you will help to architect the future of technology for our company.
More specifically, you will be
- This role will focus on our Magento LAMP stack, adding new features and assisting with deployments
- Architect and implement solutions for our premium site (SaaS), marketplace and dashboard applications
- Implemenation of our REST APIs which will power our next generation front end applications
- Mentor other engineers on best practices via pair programming sessions
- Work with product and engineering teams during agile lifecycle to deliver both engineering and product feature sets
- Advise on best practices and ensuring the highest quality of engineering solutions through code reviews
You will excel if you have:
- Advanced knowledge of Magento eCommerce Platform (CE)
- Advanced knowledge of PHP, Zend Framework
- Advanced understanding of relational (MYSQL) and noSQL persistence layers.
- Understanding of distributed caching using Redis or Memcached.
- Comfort working in a team environment using best practices and tools. We currently use Git/Github for source control, Jira for Story tracking and Travis for CI, we strive for TDD.
- Succinct communication with the ability to fully explain technical problems and their solutions
- An upbeat attitude - every problem has a solution
- Experience with search platform such as ElasticSearch, working knowledge of AWS (EC2, ElasticCache, RDS, SQS, Route 53, AMIs, VPCs, CloudFront, security), and a degree in Computer Science are a plus!
What's in it for you
- Very competitive compensation plan
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Health, Vision & Dental
- Opportunity for career advancement
- A brand new office on the 3rd street promenade, one block away from the ocean
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Working in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the country (and world)
More about us!
BloomNation is the online marketplace that is disrupting the multi-billion dollar retail floral industry. In 2011, we set out to create the nation's premier network for local florists to list, display, and send their unique, handcrafted bouquets to customers across the country. We have since built industry leading software solutions and e-commerce sites that have helped boost our florists' online revenue by an average of 30% in the first year. In the same way you have seen Uber and AirBnB change consumer behavior, BloomNation has already dramatically changed the way flowers are bought and sent online, and we show no signs of slowing down.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join BloomNation?
We are still early enough that equity matters... a lot… BloomNation has become a hub for Silicon Beach's top talent and we are in the process of scaling our still small (~50 person) team to it’s full potential. Come join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart and want to be a leader in your area of expertise.
If you are passionate, eager, and ready to learn, you will thrive here!