Analyst - Product team
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Product – Product
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform. Our e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We are already active in five countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, and Denmark. Next step? to conquer Europe… and then the world. Our goal? To become the first global flower brand in the lifestyle segment, filling hearts and homes with happiness. One bouquet at a time.
Analytics at bloomon
We’re miners of data – all day every day. By analyzing our company’s digital platform and performance of products and prototypes, we identify what’s working, what needs improvement, and what direction bloomon should take. We thrive on facts and figures in our data-driven world. We embrace customer happiness as our ethos. We are KissMetrics, Google Analytics, Excel and SQL heroes and use our software-savvy and analytical skills to get to the best insights. Data transformed into information. Information into knowledge. Knowledge into action. Why? So we’re always one step ahead.
What will you do?
We are looking for a talented web analyst with outstanding analytical skills that can take a key role in our product team. You will be part of our digital product team and work closely with our product owners and help them take strategic decisions based on user insights. You will analyse the performance of the website and A/B tests, validate whether projects make significant impact build data models and dashboard, and avoid biases within the digital product team as much as possible.
- Provide a center of excellence for Google Analytics, VWO and KissMetrics knowledge: Own the implementation of these tools, assist analytics users in adopting best practices and troubleshoot/debug their implementations;
- Test and implement new tools that help us gain even better insights;
- Generate reports on customer behavior to provide product team with insights and recommendations based on data;
- Evaluate projects like a true scientist, removing any type of bias that may exist & ensuring data integrity;
- Engage with projects to ensure the analytics solutions meets business requirements;
- Maintain a dashboard of key metrics for the product department.;
- Identify new projects to grow our customer base, make them even happier or improve our operations;
- Build data models from which product and marketing features can be built
- Work together with growth/brand team to evaluate & report on performance of marketing campaigns to support launch of new product line
What do we expect from you?
- 2 - 5 years of experience as data or business analyst;
- Quantitative MSc (e.g. BIM, Econometrics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering);
- Analytical and numbers driven
- Experienced with querying (SQL), coding/modelling (Python,Matlab), statistical languages (R, SAS, SPSS), spreadsheets (Excel).
- Preferably experienced with web analytics (Google Analytics / VWO / KissMetrics / etc);
- Preferably experienced with web funnel analytics and optimisation across multiple countries
- Enjoys responsibility, work independently, eager to learn and a team player;
- Experience within an e-commerce environment;
- Passion for startups
Becoming part of bloomon means becoming a trendsetter. We make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our customers, but also to our employees. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different interests and hobbies and we support them all. Healthy lifestyle? Gym membership. Yoga? Sure, join our Thursday morning practice. Want to learn Dutch? Absolutely, we offer classes twice a week.
Additional bloomon benefits:
-Daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely restaurant neighbors
-a BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace
-Working in a young, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
-Friday drinks and social events
-And of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home as part of the bloomon family.