Head of Customer Service (fixed / a.i.)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
CRM – Customer Relations
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform. Our e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We are already active in six countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, Denmark and France. Next step? to conquer Europe… and then the world. Our goal? To become the first global flower brand in the lifestyle segment, filling hearts and homes with happiness. One bouquet at a time.
Customer Relations at bloomon
We put ourselves in our customer's shoes all day every day. A statement often heard, but at bloomon we outshine expectations, bringing ‘customer relations’ to a whole new level. Our mission is to make people happy. And It starts with our heroes at customer service. We may be an online platform, but you can call us 6 days a week about anything and everything. There’s always a friendly agent there ready to help. We take customer satisfaction seriously. Our creative solutions are based on thorough data analysis. We are, afterall, the point of contact between our customers and the company. That makes us an important source of information for all other departments. We know what makes our customers tick – what makes them happy. This is more than just delivering beautiful flowers. This requires willing and attentive super-service. And that’s just how we roll.
What will you do?
As Head of Customer Service, you will play a key role in bloomons’ main goal of reaching 1 million happy customers. You will build world class customer support, ensuring that as bloomon scales, our customers continue to have a great customer experience. You'll put in place the infrastructure required to scale, manage and optimize CS, putting a smile on the face of our customers whilst also capturing cost efficiencies.You are an inspiring leader for your team and you will make sure to train and empower your team to be true superheroes of service for all customers, one customer at a time.You will work closely with our head of CRM, but also with the rest of the organisation to continuously improve our services towards customers. You are able to identify root causes of customer (dis)satisfaction, setup and implement methodologies to continuously improve day-to-day business but also guide other departments with fact based and actionable feedback to get even more happy customers. This is not a nine-to-five job and will sometimes be challenging, but also intensely rewarding!
You will be responsible for:
- Define and execute your vision on how to scale and improve customer service in a fast growing, high paced international environment (think about questions on how should we balance local vs global customer service? What to do internally and what to outsource?)
- Be the main point of contact towards rest of the organization to both facilitate and define Customer Service requirements for launching new propositions
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and tooling (e.g. an interactive knowledge portal) to keep our customers happy in a scalable way
- Implement and improve robust workforce management processes for our customer service in all countries
- Manage, mentor and grow the international Customer Service team (5FTE and counting)
- Next to your direct reports you will be also responsible for creating and maintaining a thriving environment for customer service agents
What do we expect from you?
- 5-8+ years (managerial) experience in a high quality B2C customer service environment
- Superhero of customer service: you put the customer first, always!
- Forward looking, plan, structure and keep an overview of the team in a fast growing and changing environment
- Proven experience (e.g. Lean Six Sigma) with both continuous day-to-day improvement loops and implementing bigger projects.
- High energy team player and natural leader
- Fluent, next to English, in 1 out of 3 languages: Dutch,German or French
- Available as soon as possible and for a minimum of 6 months
Becoming part of bloomon means becoming a trendsetter. We make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our customers, but also to our employees. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different interests and hobbies and we support them all. Healthy lifestyle? Gym membership. Want to learn Dutch? Absolutely, we offer classes twice a week.
Additional bloomon benefits:
- Daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely restaurant neighbors
- a BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace
- Working in a young, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Friday drinks and social events
- And of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home as part of the bloomon family.