Head of Accounting
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Finance – Finance
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform. Our e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We are already active in six countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, Denmark and France. Next step? to conquer Europe… and then the world. While also taking numbers very seriously. Our goal? To become the first global flower brand in the lifestyle segment, filling hearts and homes with happiness. One bouquet at a time.
As the Head of Accounting you are responsible for all financial reporting, as well as the underlying accounting. You play an active role in aligning the reporting with our Leadership Team, Investors and other stakeholders. You report directly to one of the founders, the CFO and manage the Financial Operations team of 3 team members, which is primarily responsible for ensuring proper and timely accounting and reporting. The team is headquartered in Amsterdam, and manages the bloomon finances across 6 countries including: the Netherlands, Germany, France and the U.K.
Providing timely and accurate insights is key in our dynamic and fast growing environment. We are constantly striving for further improvements, to optimize our processes and enhance our growth. As the Head of Accounting, you can make direct impact from day one, and work together with the team on taking Finance and Accounting at Bloomon to the next level.
You will be responsible for
- Managing our Financial Operations team (3 team members)
- Preparing monthly investor reporting pack (Consolidated PL vs. Budget, country PLs, cash flow statement and balance sheet)
- Responsible for end to end preparation of statutory accounts, including management of auditor, aligning with management
- Reviewing of accounts and ledgers to ensure accuracy of classifications, data entry, and accurate payment of invoices
- Bank and cash management
- Prepare and submit VAT declarations and manage our external advisors for CIT filings
- Optimizing relevant accounting processes
Our ideal candidate has
- A drive to turn a traditional industry upside down
- 5-7 years of work experience
- An HBO or university degree (preference accounting and or controling)
- Working knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and general ledger processing
- Natural drive to optimize processes and drive out inefficiencies
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Structured, analytical, accurate and result-oriented
- Working experience in a scale up / SME environment, including Dutch GAAP and Twinfield or Basecone is considered a plus
We make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our customers, but also to our employees. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different interests and hobbies and we support them all.
Additional bloomon benefits:Daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely restaurant neighboursa BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace at our Amsterdam officeWorking in a young, flexible and entrepreneurial environmentAccess to Bloomon Academy to develop your professional skillsFriday drinks and social eventsAnd of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers!