Logistics Improvement Internship
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Logistics – Logistics
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain – where 99% of players operate offline – and delivering field-fresh flowers straight from growers to our customers. High-tech versus highly creative, our data-driven e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 – and went from startup to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We now deliver bouquets weekly, biweekly or monthly to your front door in five countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK and Denmark. Our ambition? To conquer Europe. Then the world. Our quest? To be the first global flower brand in the lifestyle segment. And fill hearts and homes with happiness. One bouquet at a time.
Logistics at bloomon
We’re responsible for hand-tying and delivering tens of thousands of flowers per week across five countries (and counting). How? By combining a dedicated hands-on mentality with data-focused strategic thinking. We relish the challenge of keeping our blooms super fresh on their 36-hour journey from flower bed to table. As the logistics hub for dozens of external depots per country, we operate our dense network of long-haul shipments and local traffic like pros. Our multidisciplinary team is organised, punctual, and results-oriented. We love seeing the rewards of our efforts in happy customers. We enjoy the freedom and opportunity to optimise the business environment where there is never a dull moment.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Logistics Analytics & Systems Intern who will be taking our delivery service, third-party performance monitoring and logistics data collection infrastructure to the next level. You’ll be joining our Logistics department.
You will be responsible for:
- Analysing all our logistics infrastructure and developing projects for improving it from a technical perspective;
- Improve data and feedback collection from our delivery partners;
- Leveraging customer and driver feedback via data analysis for improvement initiatives;
- Turn feedback from the country leads team into concrete improvements (e.g. new requirements for planning software or backoffice system)
- Assist with daily operations that keep our Logistics infrastructure running;
- Automating all repetitive tasks or replacing them with smarter processes through coding, new software or any other creative solutions;
- Help country leads with any technical questions that they might have on logistic systems.
During this internship you will be based in Amsterdam and work closely together with and receive good guidance from our improvement leads. An internship at bloomon is characterized by a unique combination of hands-on projects and in-depth analyses: identifying the opportunity, developing the approach and actually implementing the improvement. We offer a unique opportunity to truly develop your entrepreneurial skills and learn how to further scale a successful startup.
What do we expect from you?
- University student (recent graduate or ending phase);
- Excellent organiser with strong analytical skills;
- Proactive, energetic and definite ‘can do’ attitude;
- Tech savvy and passion for e-commerce and m-commerce (knowledge of SQL/VPA/Java/python/MS Access is a pre);
- Not afraid to take responsibility and can work well under pressure;
- Available for a minimum of 5 months and living in the area of Amsterdam;
- Looking for your biggest challenge so far!
Why would you want to be part of bloomon?
Being an intern at bloomon means learning from the trendsetters in the industry. We make sure that you will get the proper guidance all the way through. We believe in helping you reach your full potential, by giving you opportunities to get creative in a flexible work environment and freedom to develop. Remember that with great freedom comes great responsibility. We encourage every employee to act like an owner and actively spread happiness to our customers and in the office. At bloomon, we pride ourselves in knowing how to spread happiness amongst colleagues with weekly Friday drinks on the terrace.
- Daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely restaurant neighbors
- a BBQ worthy rooftop terrace
- Working in a young, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- And of course lots of flowers!
We all love what we do - so challenge yourself, step out of your comfort zone and take initiative. bloomon is the place where everything you do matters! See you @bloomon!