Business Development Internship - Belgium (NL/FR)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Growth – Business Development
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain – where 99% of players operate offline – and delivering field-fresh flowers straight from growers to our customers. High-tech versus highly creative, our data-driven e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 – and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We now deliver bouquets weekly, biweekly or monthly to your front door in five countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK and Denmark. Our ambition? To conquer Europe. Then the world. Our quest? To be the first global flower brand in the lifestyle segment. And fill hearts and homes with happiness. One bouquet at a time.
Business Development at bloomon
We drive the growth of bloomon and its expansion in Europe. How? By finding new and smarter ways to grow our customer base at warp speed. From thinking up ways to make our sales channels better, quicker and easier. By piloting exciting initiatives from creation to execution. Think: national partnerships, magazine collaborations, TV, and building cross channel campaigns with your direct sales, brand, and PR colleagues, including inspiring workshops, pop-up shops, and other on- and offline collaborations. We work with other cool brands to raise our visibility. We combine our creative skills and business know how to tap into millions of potential customers each year. We relish the freedom and responsibility our team has to push the boundaries of what (we think) is possible as we establish our markets. Our dynamic team interacts with – and soaks up knowledge from – all departments: from production and brand to operations and CRM. We put lessons learnt into improving and optimising every day. Why? So we can sell flowers like a boss.
What will you do?
As a Business Development Intern you are the right hand of our Head of Business Development of bloomon Belgium. You are constantly looking for creative and innovative ways to improve our local sales in Belgium. We want to make our sales processes scalable - based on data analyses and your experience in Marketing & Sales you come up with new ideas. Your ultimate goal is to make Belgians happy with our flowers!
You will be responsible for:
- Customer acquisitions through various initiatives (including partnerships, fairs / markets etc.);
- Monitor client acquisition costs;
- Managing the local sales teams and their performance;
- Continuous optimization of existing sales processes;
- Setting up new partnerships and other initiatives.
What do we expect from you?
- Enrolled or recently graduated from a Bachelor / Master’s Degree;
- Analytical skills;
- Commercial insights and result driven;
- Affinity with business development, marketing & sales;
- Proactive and creative, able to work independently but also a strong team player;
- Strong communication skills in French and Dutch;
- Ability to think out of the box;
- Passion for start-ups and e-commerce;
- Enthusiast and result oriented;
- Available for approximately 6 months (full time) from mid August onwards.
Becoming part of bloomon means becoming a trendsetter. We make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our customers, but also to our employees. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different interests and hobbies and we support them all. Healthy lifestyle? Gym membership. Yoga? Sure, join our Thursday morning practice. Want to learn Dutch? Absolutely, we offer classes twice a week.
Additional bloomon benefits:
- Daily fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our lovely restaurant neighbors
- a BBQ-worthy rooftop terrace at our Amsterdam office
- Working in a young, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Friday drinks and social events
- And of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home as part of the bloomon family.