Aalsmeer, The Netherlands
Production – Production
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform. Our e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We are already active in five countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, and Denmark. Next step? To conquer Europe… and then the world. Our goal? To become the first global flower brand in the lifestyle segment, filling hearts and homes with happiness. One bouquet at a time.
Operations at bloomon
We’re responsible for binding and delivering tens of thousands of flowers per week for five countries (and counting). How? By combining a dedicated hands-on mentality with data-focused strategic thinking. Our logistical operation includes dozens of external depots per country, by which we operate our dense network of long-haul shipments and last-mile traffic. Our multidisciplinary team is organised, punctual and results-oriented. They love seeing the rewards of their efforts straight away, and thrive on being given the space and opportunity to optimise the business in a never-a-dull-moment environment.
We are looking for a talent to take the lead at one of our production lines, to make sure we bind and pack lots of beautiful bouquets that meet our high quality standards. Are you looking for a challenge with a lot of responsibilities? Do you have what it takes to bring our packaging process to the next level? Keep on reading!
What will you do?
Our warehouse in Aalsmeer, close to the Royal FloraHolland flower auction, is the central logistical hub of our entire European supply chain. At the 5.000 m2 we create thousands of bouquets on a daily basis. With a team of 70+ people we receive our fresh flowers overnight, check the quality in the morning, create and pack bouquets in high pace during the day, and load dozens of trucks in the evening.
The bandleader is available on the production floor and is responsible to run the line and its team (10 to 30 people) and to make sure we work according to planning, processes and quality standards. He/she is the linking pin to the rest of the production team. When there are issues during production, he/she escalates to the supervisor or the broader team when necessary. He/she is also responsible for implementing new processes and improving them.
Your responsibilities include:
- Responsible on the line for all work that needs to be done
- Managing and coaching the team on the line
- Instructions to team and training of new people
- Run a team of 10-30 people and follow production planning
- Point of escalation for the team (what to do when issue)
- Solve issues that pop up during production
- Prepare production site, flowers and other materials before start production
- Some administrative tasks
- Come up with improvement ideas to improve quality or efficiency
- Quality checks during production
- Clean and safe workspace
- Keep your team happy at their work
What do we expect from you?
- Working experience in warehouse or production environment is a plus
- Intermediate vocational education, Bachelor degree or similar professional experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to motivate team
- Good communication skills
- Good English language skills
- Speaking Dutch and/or Polish is an plus
- Structured approach to work, able to plan ahead and keep overview, punctual
- Energetic team player
- Strong problem solver and ownership taker, always thinking 2 steps ahead
- Can handle great responsibility
- Flexibility towards change as well as in working hours (no 9-5 mentality) Willing to learn and grow with the company
- Experience in flower business is a big plus
Becoming part of bloomon means becoming a trendsetter. We make sure that we not only spread happiness amongst our customers, but also to our employees. We believe diversity creates uniqueness. Our diverse international team of highly talented people has different interests and hobbies and we support them all. Healthy lifestyle? Gym membership. Yoga? Sure, join our Thursday morning practice. Want to learn Dutch? Absolutely, we offer classes twice a week.
Additional bloomon benefits:
- Daily fresh and healthy lunch
- Working in a young, flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Lots of attention for training and coaching
- Friday drinks and great social events
- And of course lots of beautiful fresh flowers!
We all love what we do – so if you like challenges, developing new skills, growing creatively and taking initiative, you’ll feel right at home as part of the bloomon family.