Senior Creative DTP Specialist
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brand – Brand
bloomon is turning the flower industry on its head – for the better. How? By disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades. bloomon creates seasonal collections using unusual stems to deliver unique flower arrangements on repeat. We always use field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to our customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform. Our e-commerce company launched in Amsterdam in 2014 and went from start-up to scale-up at hypersonic speed. We are already active in five countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, and Denmark. Next step? to conquer Europe… and then the world. Our goal? To become the first global flower brand in the lifestyle segment, filling hearts and homes with happiness. One bouquet at a time.
We’re looking for an experienced and creative DTP Specialist with a design background to join the Brand & Creative team at our headquarters in Amsterdam-Oost. This position is full-time at 40 hours per week.
Brand & Creative at bloomon
We strive daily towards our mission of becoming a global lifestyle brand. How? By telling our brand story via engaging, innovative, and creative campaigns: From print projects to pop-ups, from social media to video and beyond. There’s no blueprint for how our tight-knit team boosts brand awareness – we just do it better every day. We’re as comfortable in business meetings as we are in art galleries. We move effortlessly across six countries to empower teams, shape ideas, and elevate briefs for the best possible result. Follow us to join the fun and see some of our work.
What will you do?
As our Senior Creative DTP Specialist, you'll be the backbone of the Art team. You will put the finishing touches on a variety of projects to make sure our brand and visual guidelines are on point. In this role, you must be able to bring a sharp eye for detail and strong technical support for your fellow art creatives, coaching them to be diligent and strict with their work files. Your ultimate goal is to be the strong backbone in our Art team that allows us to spread the happiness of our brand in our projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Interpreting and refining the work of Art Directors and designers into digital files ready to go to print or be placed online
- Designing and formatting bespoke and branded assets using a variety of software – from Google Suite to Adobe CS – in consultation with bloomon’s Art Directors
- Managing and understanding the print process and techniques and be able to liaise directly with printers
- Maintaining our visual standards as outlined in our Brand Guide
- Guiding and coaching the art team on technical skills and best practices, keeping strict control over the quality of work files from all designers
- Adapting to various brand touchpoints across projects and teams – there will be a lot of variety!
- Working on briefs from key stakeholders, working closely with project managers from start to finish
- Having a keen eye for detail, layout, and experience in communicating challenging content
- Working well under pressure and with tight deadlines, with a focus on efficiency and accuracy
- Being flexible, enthusiastic and consumer-focused
- Willing to contribute ideas to tighten our visual identity and calling out misalignment of assets or touchpoints
- Proactive to make fixes and improvements
- Overseeing organization of our internal file and asset management system, as well as updating the bloomon Image Library for the rest of the company to use
- Being independent responsible, reliable and able to work with minimal supervision
What do we expect from you?
- 4+ years of DTP experience, preferably for a company or brand with a variety of physical and digital assets
- Expert level of Adobe CS – you should be better than all of us
- Technical packaging experience is a huge asset
- Photography and/or retouching experience (using Lightroom) is ideal
- Video editing or motion graphic experience puts you at the top of the list
- You’ll have strong interpersonal skills, willing to actively participate in group discussions to constantly improve our quality
- You’ll be confident working with professionals of all levels, with patience for more junior team members
- You’ll have proven experience of delivering projects within tight timelines
- Native English or native Dutch (with excellent English). Additional languages don't hurt, of course
A portfolio and a small work task will be required as part of the interview process. Salary in line with market value. Target start date is February 1, 2019.