BloomThat is looking for a Distribution Lead to provide amazing user experiences for our BloomThat community.
This new role will work closely with the Distribution Manager to lead Associates by setting a stellar example and learn to oversee all functions of Operations.You will assist in minimizing distribution costs and manage product thresholds. This will be a great platform for someone looking to start a career in Operations who welcomes responsibility and is proactive in getting ahead of problems and eager to find solutions. The Distribution Lead will thrive by growing with our team and be passionate about our mission of spreading thoughtfulness.
Like our Distribution Associates, you're an ace at organizational systems and keeping track of product in a fast paced environment. You thrive during the busiest hours in close quarters and you can multi-task with the best of them! You can effectively prep materials and manage stock. You will be loading and unloading materials within a warehouse/storage facility. You can efficiently receive, store, pack, stage, transport, and ship our products.
- Receive incoming shipments of product (blooms!) in accordance with company standard receiving practices.
- Check receipts against delivery manifest/PO’s.
- Store product in refrigerators to keep blooms fresh!
- Package all the blooms (and additional products) with precision and a discerning eye.
- Demonstrate exemplary attendance, punctuality and behavior.
- Willing to work in all areas of the business.
- Demonstrate initiative, team leadership and self-motivation.
- Great driving records and a valid driver license.
- Ability to work overtime, various shifts, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Stellar work ethics and a fire to get things done!
- A love for blooms and power tools, too!
- Familiarity with Zendesk
- Knows a rose from a peony
- Is an enthusiastic BloomThat user
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
We’re a small team dedicated to changing the way people think about sending flowers. Working at BloomThat means that you are part of a dedicated team that is growing a business. We are challenged everyday to identify problems, to identify solutions to these problems, and to make things happen. We encourage you to be creative, to collaborate with all in the BloomThat community, and to have fun along the way. Come join us!
• Flexible schedule
• Free blooms!
• Compensation: DOE