Digital Director - Tokyo
Tokyo, Japan /
International – Japan /
Blue Bottle is looking for a talented leader to oversee day-to-day operations of our e-commerce business. In short, you’ll develop the vision and strategy for our DTC business, manage the P&L, rigorously analyze performance data, oversee our digital marketing strategy, merchandise the site, and continuously work to optimize our shipping and fulfillment processes.
This is a critical role for us with broad responsibility. We’re looking for an aspiring leader who’s highly analytical — you can build compelling business cases with your finding. You have both an eye for design and an appreciation for strong branding. You’re driven by performance, progress, and achievement against big goals. You care deeply about the customer journey and experience, and you’re uniquely motivated by getting Blue Bottle’s freshly roasted, responsibly sourced, peak-deliciousness coffee (and mugs and drippers!) into more and more homes.
- Own full P&L responsibility of store.bluebottlecoffee.jp in Japan, including budgeting, forecasting, and monitoring
- Define the e-commerce vision and strategy, ensuring that the various teams supporting store.bluebottlecoffee.jp have accountability for all key performance metrics
- Own the e-commerce site experience. Work with cross functional team to execute hypothesis-driven experimentation, and define and execute on a revenue-driving roadmap
- Build dashboards and conduct ad-hoc analysis to monitor performance (including subscription churn, merchandise sales, LTV) to measure efficacy of marketing, merchandising and product enhancements
- Create, prepare and present monthly presentations highlighting sales, marketing, and financial results; through your ongoing analysis, increase our understanding of what our core customers want and do on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Coordinate with our Brand team to develop evergreen and seasonal marketing programs
- Conduct deepdive marketing performance analysis across multiple programs such as email, paid search, affiliates, direct mail, and other initiatives to optimize ROI of such campaigns
- Serve as the merchant for the e-comm business to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the e-commerce customer and business needs; oversee site merchandising to both drive sales and enhance the Blue Bottle brand story
- Partner with our Supply Chain team to improve processes and optimize COGS; own the relationship with our 3PL, continuously looking for ways to optimize our fulfillment and shipping operations
- Continuously research the e-commerce landscape and online competitors, identifying category trends and growth opportunities
- Smart, creative, disciplined and driven
- Visionary. You thrive on solving complex, organization-wide issues
- Highly analytical and data/metric-obsessed, always seeking internal and external data to validate the approach and optimize results further for the company and for your work
- Curious at heart: you ask the right questions, hypothesize, and test to find the best solution
- Comfortable playing a product manager role
- Has a strong bias to action. You’re willing to tackle problems both big and small -- the occasional tedious task is not below you
- A collaborator who values and builds upon perspectives other than your own
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize while not letting anything drop
- Clear and effective communicator in both conversation and written word in Japanese and English
- Passionate about Blue Bottle Coffee and our mission to connect the world to delicious coffee
- 5+ years of related experience; experience in retail/e-commerce, product management in a fast-growing technology company/retail, or similar fields preferred
- Demonstrated success in setting a vision, formulating strategy, and guiding implementation
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Extensive Excel experience and other data analytical tools; SQL a big plus (willingness to learn, required)
- An innate ability and desire to create strong relationships, influence others, and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- A profound love of coffee—while not required, it will make your role significantly more delicious!
To be considered for this role, please be sure to upload a CV/resume in English. We can’t wait to meet you!