Production – Production
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of connecting the world to delicious coffee. We roast on four coasts, make delicious drinks, clean up after ourselves, bake cookies, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We’re an impossibly eclectic group of coffee experts, artists, writers, sensory scientists, bakers, designers, and all-around dreamers, who also happen to be some of the most hard-working and talented in the business. Join us.
About the Job:
Key to each of our facilities is the team behind the scenes, working to maintain and to keep each of our locations as beautiful and operable with each passing day, as the day it opened. The facilities support tech is primarily responsible for both the nitty gritty behind-the-scenes upkeep and for longer term preventive maintenance (PM) management. The facilities support tech will partner with each of the department heads operating out of our Riverside facility to ensure all incremental maintenance is completed and that our PM and emergency response (ER) vendors are fully invested in their support of Blue Bottle. The facilities support tech will report directly to the Production Leader and partner with the Preservation Manager.
- Implementation of daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Upkeep of facilities including paint touch-ups, bulb changes, glass cleaning and general maintenance of common areas.
- Assisting Blue Bottle’s teams with necessary support, troubleshooting and engaged management of ER and repair.
- Signing off on work performed by vendors including pest control, waste management, PM and ER repair.
- Actively communicating updates to cleaning schedules and PM cycles to teammates.
- Sweeping and mopping floors of common areas.
- Clean, stock, and maintain common areas: break room, office areas, meeting rooms, restrooms, showers.
- Maintain and clean garbage in common areas, office areas, and restrooms.
- Maintain and clean garbage, recycling, and composting in production areas when needed.
- Keep janitorial supplies and closet stocked, organized, and clean.
- Collaborating with all other members of the company professionally, respectfully and with integrity
- Have a love and/or respect of delicious coffee.
- Demonstrate exemplary communication skills at all times.
- Two or more years prior experience in a similar role, ideally in the food industry or a clean manufacturing environment
- Are comfortable on a computer.
- Are a self motivated individual.
- Are able to build long lasting, professional, healthy relationships.
- Enjoy working in a high volume sales setting and can work effectively and efficiently at all times.
- Willingness to work holidays and weekends when needed,
- Have a high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) desirable.
- Familiar with commercial equipment and operations.
- Have basic math and computer skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent communication.
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision for eligible employees
- All-you-can-drink coffee from Blue Bottle? Check
- Paid time off
At Blue Bottle, you’ll be critical to guests enjoying delicious coffee just days after it’s roasted. We aim to provide delightful hospitality to everyone who visits us, in-person or online. If you’re ready to help bring amazing products to life, please apply and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.