Creative Director, Global
Brand – Brand /
Blue Bottle is looking for a visionary and strategic Creative Director to play a key leadership role on the Global Brand team, guiding and inspiring multidisciplinary creative teams of writers, designers, photographers, and art directors to build concepts across all mediums for products, campaigns, and experiences. The Creative Director will partner closely with Brand and Product leadership to bring strategy to life across the entirety of the Blue Bottle experience.
This position will report directly to the Chief Brand Officer, who is based in Japan.
- Manage the creative ‘engine’ for all briefed work, directing creative team and partners work through a defined and collaborative creative process, including creation, review, and brand and product stakeholder alignment
- You will play a key leadership role in defining the look and feel of new business and experience concepts, minding Blue Bottle’s design legacy and envisioning its future expressions
- You will deftly work across channels and media to integrate strategies and messaging, always keeping the holistic customer journey top mind
- You will be intimately familiar with and a champion for the Blue Bottle brand essence and its customers
- You will partner closely with brand and product managers to bring strategic and creative briefs to life in deeply memorable and compelling ways, while meeting budgets and schedules
- You will present your and your teams work to leadership and other key stakeholders across the globe
- You will collaborate closely with Marketing, Experience, and Product leadership to bring new brand expressions to life, guiding deft and strategic creative execution, and engaging in formal creative process and reasoning
- You will also co-direct experiences and campaigns with key brand leaders, as certain concepts and campaigns call for it
- You will build a positive and growth oriented team culture, driving work forward through ambiguity and multiple perspectives and offering mentorship to budding creatives
- You will provide clear, objective feedback, readily resolving inter-and intra-team conflict, as well making space to hear, consider and recognize all voices and perspectives
- A considered and thoughtful decision maker — listening and collecting information before coming to conclusions
- A born collaborator, enjoying working with multi-disciplinary teams to develop a rich understanding of the human / business / technical perspectives of challenges big and small
- You are both a keen observer of the finest detail, and also intuitively see the big picture — you see the leaves and the trees
- Are comfortable navigating through ambiguous problem spaces in pursuit of clarity and concrete outcomes
- You are interested in and curious about new modes of communication, experience, connection — always looking for new ways to bring story and experience to life
- You are a skilled international leader with experience inspiring and aligning internationally
- You have a drive to create engaging, thoughtful, bold, and precisely crafted work — happily obsessing over every detail while always moving work forward
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher education
- At least 10 years of experience in creative or design work
- At least 5 years of experience managing creative teams
- Strong digital and new media experience
- Proven track record crafting work across mediums, such as digital, print, social media, experience, product launches, film, and packaging communication that have propelled brands forward and products to success
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word;
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Discounts on Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
At Blue Bottle Coffee, you’ll be a vital part of our guests’ experience and a crucial link in delivering the most delicious coffee we can find to every person who walks through our doors, be it in person or online. If you’re ready to bring beautiful and thoughtfully rendered experiences to life, please apply and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
To be considered for this role, please be sure to upload your resume and portfolio in English. We can’t wait to meet you!