Internal Communications Manager
Brand – Global PR /
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of connecting the world to delicious coffee. We roast on three coasts, make delicious drinks, clean up after ourselves, bake cookies, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you. We’re an impossibly eclectic group of coffee experts, artists, writers, sensory scientists, bakers, designers, and all-around dreamers, who also happen to be some of the most hard working and talented in the business. Join us.
About the job
Blue Bottle is looking for an experienced internal communications manager who is passionate about building strong company culture and driving employee engagement. As our Internal Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining and executing our internal communications strategy to ensure our global teams are connected to our vision. Working alongside our cross-functional teams, you’ll act as a conduit between leadership and the organization to develop a range of communications that keep our teams informed and inspired. Your work will be pivotal to help each team member understand how their role contributes to our broader goals to reinforce trust in our leadership and maintain a strong company culture.
- Create and execute a global strategic internal communications plan that connects our employees to our values, vision, and goals, and forges deeper connections across our global team
- Partner with global cross-functional teams and leadership to develop internal communications including but not limited to executive emails, newsletters, policy updates, Q&As, talking points, new hires & departures notices, communications around company announcements, and priority initiatives
- Align internal communications calendar with external initiatives and announcements to ensure our team members are informed; develop internal communications plans around key moments to ensure our teams receive information before it is shared with the public
- Take ownership of company all-hands meetings/dial-ins, including agenda, speaker selection, messaging, logistics, and facilitation of these meetings in partnership with Blue Bottle’s Executive Leadership Team and Chief of Staff
- Manage all internal communications timelines, collection of information, reviews process, securing translations and distribution of content
- Identify and implement the tracking of metrics to gauge the effectiveness and impact of internal communications efforts
- Identify new opportunities for continuing to improve internal communications on a global scale, implementing new communications methods and processes
- A strategic thinker with an understanding of our internal communications can be used to build a strong global company culture and engage employees
- An excellent writer and storyteller. You know how to construct a compelling narrative, with deep sensitivity and understanding of a diverse global audience
- Able to thrive in a collaborative environment, but must be able to work independently and self-start
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities and adjusting as needed
- A problem solver with a positive attitude, bringing creativity and new ideas to every challenge
- 4+ years of experience in internal communications and project management experience
- A deep understanding of employee audiences and internal communication best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (you must love writing and storytelling)
- Experience taking complex ideas and information and distilling into simple messages and clear language that tells a compelling story
- Experience developing internal communications plans and a range of content, including but not limited to executive communications, newsletters, all-hands meeting content
- The following is a list of the physical activity, requirements, and environmental factors related to this role. Blue Bottle is committed to partnering with all candidates and employees to ensure reasonable accommodations are made to meet the following:
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word;
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and written documentation
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs, and standing occur in this role.
- Environment: this role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning.
- This role requires travel up to 10%. Additional walking, stooping, sitting, and mobility may be required. Exposure to outside environmental elements may be experienced due to travel through airports, airplanes, and in between facilities.
With addition for traveling roles:
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- This position has a minimum salary of $72,700. This salary is a good faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
At Blue Bottle Coffee, you’ll be a vital part of our guests’ experience and a crucial link in delivering the most delicious coffee we can find to every person who walks through our doors, be it in person or online. If you’re ready to bring beautiful and thoughtfully rendered experiences to life, please apply and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Blue Bottle requires that all of its team members are fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 14 days after the final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine) by the start of their first day of work, unless they qualify for an accommodation/exemption for medical, disability, or religious reasons.