Dishwasher and Prep Cook
Production – Production
Currently, our commissary spaces are abuzz launching new menu items to take our food aspirations to a whole new level of deliciousness.
The Dishwasher and Prep Cook is a critical member of the commissary team, supporting our efforts by washing dishes and cleaning a variety of spaces and equipment to maintain a clean, comfortable, functional and friendly environment for both our commissary. They also support food preparation for our bakers and cooks.
This is an entry level, hourly position based in Sacramento CA, reporting directly to our Commissary Leader.
- Wash and sanitize kitchen equipment, smallwares, and utensils
- Clean, sweep and mop the kitchen area
- Refill and restock ingredients as necessary
- Take out trash, compost and recycling
- Execute food production, carefully preparing seasonal and high quality ingredients with integrity. This includes but is not limited to: slicing, chopping, sauteeing, roasting, and other forms of food preparation and cooking
- Portion, package, and pack out our culinary creations with incredible care and attention to detail, ensuring that deliveries match retail orders and meet deadlines
- Support your teammates in keeping the kitchen running smoothly by communicating with your team and pitching in wherever is needed (including both savory and pastry assistance)
- Always work cleanly, keeping your station and equipment in tip top shape
- Extremely reliable and consistent: your leader and teammates can always depend on you to be punctual, tidy, dedicated and bringing your A-game
- Serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
- Delightful to work with, you have a sense of humor and infectious ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excited to contribute and eager to learn and grow with us
- A love and appreciation for delicious coffee and food
- Familiarity with California Health Code and ability to perform cleaning tasks as mandated by the California Department of Health guidelines and standards
- An existing CA Food Handler's Certification or the ability to get certification within 30 days of starting
- The ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Basic math and writing skills
- This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we’ve mapped out below.
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine accuracy of numbers and package
- The ability to smell and taste
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
At Blue Bottle, you’ll be critical to guests enjoying delicious coffee. We aim to provide delightful hospitality to everyone who visits us, in-person or online. If you’re ready to help bring amazing products to life, please apply and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S. We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.