Accounting Leader - Tokyo
Tokyo, Japan /
International – Japan /
Blue Bottle is writing a new chapter to the story and traditions of coffee, food and hospitality, and our Finance department is a dedicated team of number-crunchers who support the financial sustainability of our business. The Accounting Leader will be a key leader as we continue to scale our Finance team in Japan.
- Manage (supervise, train & support) daily operation of the accounting team
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly financial close
- Oversee monthly reconciliation process, including cash and other accounts
- Work directly with the Finance team in the US (HQ) to implement new scalable financial systems and processes
- Monitor and manage cash activity
- Provide general support within the Finance Department
- Collaborative and excited to work as part of a team
- A strong communicator: clear, honest and complete; able to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- Flexible; willing to tackle any problem no matter how great or how small
- Comfortable using available resources to answer questions
- Organized, with a deep attention to detail
- A Microsoft Excel master
- 5+ years of accounting experience (any mix of public accounting and/or industry)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or a related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Japanese and English proficiency is required
- Experience with Netsuite, a plus
- A love and respect of delicious coffee, food and amazing guest experiences
At Blue Bottle, you’ll be critical to guests enjoying delicious food and coffee just days after it’s roasted. We aim to provide delightful hospitality to everyone who visits us, in-person or online.
To be considered for employment, please be sure to upload a CV/resume in English.
We can’t wait to meet you!