Senior Software Developer (Cloud)
Remote- USA /
Software Development – Software Development /
BlueCat is one of those hidden gems that is disrupting the market as a key player in the rapidly growing space of Adaptive DNS. We harness the power of DNS to provide secure, centralized network infrastructure to some of the world’s biggest brands and enterprises like Facebook, Dell, and SAP so that employees can access the computing resources they need, when they need it.
BlueCat has an award-winning culture that is embedded in what we do. We are certified as a Great Place to Work and joining our team would mean you are part of Canada's Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Today's Youth and Women, and Best Workplace for Mental Health and Inclusion.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer!
BlueCat seeks a driven, results-oriented Senior Software Engineer who, along with being a great Developer in their own right, enjoys collaborating with team members in building great products.
How We Work:
In tightly-knit agile teams made of developers, architects, and product owners
Using strong automated test coverage to allow us to ship our product continuously with the quality our customers expect
Intelligently evolving our code base to meet the demands of customers and leverage the latest technology the Internet has to offer
Summary Of Responsibilities:
· Experience solving problems using existing solutions whenever possible
· Elevate team members in an agile team environment through mentorship and coaching.
· Passion for working on a modern, cloud-based, data-driven product
· Grow and evolve our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
· Provide development implementation insights, pushing for excellence in reusability, scalability, reliability, and performance
· Knowledge of cloud-based architecture and application design using Amazon Web Services
Skills and Experiences Required:
· Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
· 5+ years of solid commercial software development experience
· Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals
· Expert knowledge with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes). We are also working with helm
· Experience with virtualization and public cloud development technologies. We use AWS.
· Experience and knowledge with Linux
· Strong programming experience. We are a java, python shop, but any language is acceptable.
· Comfortable working with large, complex codebases and understand the challenges around moving them forward
· Versatile development mindset with the ability and desire to pick up different languages, frameworks, and techniques
· Fundamental understanding of DNS, DHCP, and Networking a plus
· A desire to work on a fast-moving Enterprise SaaS product
Our Vision of an Ideal Candidate:
· Balances technology advancement with product feature decisions
· Thinks of the delivery lifecycle from development to deployment
· Always looking for iterative improvements to our process and code base
· Always looking for personal and professional improvement
· Experience with any of the following is a strong asset: Containers, Cloud Platforms, Automated Testing Strategies, and Microservice Architecture
· Strong understanding of service level monitoring and management tools across the cloud environment.
· Experience building, monitoring, and managing cloud infrastructure and hosted instances.
· Ability to participate in technical standards development, audit remediation, architecture development and implementation.
· Advanced understanding of complex Linux environments and applications (Debian, CoreOs, CentOS, etc)
· Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and Automation of cloud infrastructure.
· Team player while functioning well with cross teams’ tasks with a can-do attitude.
We’ve got you covered:
Our benefits cover your health, wealth, and wellness. Not only does BlueCat have a great work environment, and employee programs, but we have a strong culture and live our values every day. We believe in Curiosity, Collaboration, Transparency and Ownership. Above all, we have fun.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks for you to enjoy…..
Work from home policy
Professional Development budget
Wellness Days + Wellness Week
Lifestyle Spending Account
If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
BlueCat is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. BlueCat will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.