Director, Software Development (Field Engagement)
United States /
Customer Success – Customer Success Management /
Have you heard of BlueCat?
We’re one of those hidden gems that’s been disrupting the market as a key player in the rapidly growing space of Adaptive DNS. We harness the power of DNS to provide secure, centralized network infrastructure to some of the world’s biggest brands and enterprises like Facebook, Apple, Dell, and SAP so that employees can access the computing resources they need, when they need it. After years of experience, we moved into the security market, leveraging that goldmine of DNS data to help organizations protect their internal networks.
Right now you’re thinking ‘Great, so why is that interesting to me?’ Here’s why:
BlueCat occupies an incredibly strategic and valuable real estate on corporate networks – the ‘first step’ taken when any device, application or service connects to a network. We literally own the intersection of digital business and cybersecurity – and that translates into incalculable opportunities for innovation and growth.
Here is what you need to know about our Customer Success team: We are a technologically savvy and proactive team dedicated to outstanding customer experiences. We love problem solving and we take pride in being the face of BlueCat for our customers. We enjoy and thrive off of receiving feedback and having the opportunity to voice the needs of our customers to the overall organization and create solutions that solve their needs. Think of us as BlueCat’s front line warriors!
The Leader of Software Development Consulting will partner with Software Development, Marketing, Sales, Product Management and Customer Success to architect and deliver customer and field directed enterprise solutions and internal tools. The incumbent will listen to the internal customer facing teams and strategize with the teams to develop tools to better our service offerings. They will work with customers and customer-facing teams to create bespoke software that meets the customer needs. They will work to develop reusable components and solutions that can be shared across multiple customers and delivered as pre-packaged and certified “field solutions” that will be maintained. They will work with the product development team to define processes and standards for field software development as well work with product management to implement field software solutions that leverage the current BlueCat portfolio to exceed our customers’ needs. The incumbent will also work with Marketing and Sales to create appropriate messaging for new technical field solutions.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges. You will:
· Work with executive leadership to develop, direct and drive key business strategies that provide the highest level of delivery to Field Software Development processes
· Managing the overall capacity of the Field Software Development function not limited to:
-Recruiting and developing a high performing engaged team across multiple delivery teams
-Working with third party outsourcers where warranted
-Working with peers in Product, Sales and Marketing to prioritize work and ensure execution, strategic alignment and appropriate integration of functions to meet strategic objectives
-Prioritize and manage all field facing software development efforts to ensure they are aligned with business objectives to develop and maintain a product requirements/feature backlog.
-Continue to evolve deployment automation to enable increase deployment frequency and reduce deployment time
-Leads and influences internal and external resources to a stated objective without formal lines of authority
-Define and implement a design methodology and process that emphasizes best practices in delivering software-based solutions.
-Ensures that all documentation and drawings of technical data for development, including an accurate scope of work, is in compliance with company policies and procedures.
-Driving continuous improvement within the field software development teams to consistently improve quality, cycle and deployment time
· Establish operational plans and performance goals and requirements.
· Align and influence internal organizations and external partners in support of Field Engineering strategy and direction.
What's required for application
· B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a technical discipline from an accredited college/University, MBA would be considered an asset.
· Minimum five to seven years of leadership experience managing a consulting or field-based Software Development/Engineering team.
· Getting the job done right, delivering results, continuously improving, displaying a dynamic approach, displaying energy and enthusiasm.
· Must be able to demonstrate senior level experience in the architecture, development, release cycle and delivering of reusable software assets to the enterprise market
· Experience delivering platform technology and creating an ecosystem of applications and services across multiple verticals and solution offerings
· Experience successfully scaling technology infrastructure to support rapid customer growth / change
· Experience with fast-paced, rapidly-iterating, design-forward, product-focused companies
· "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, start-up attitude, team player with record of leading and mentoring employees
What will you bring to the team?
- You have experience in leading client relationships in software development environments with strong customer service orientation and experience in dealing with C-level
- You have experience with software development, sales, consulting, training and leading new initiatives in a corporate environment
- You are a people manager at heart, love to mentor, lead and grow everyone around you. You have experience managing performance and having your team deliver results consistently
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core
- You are technically savvy and have an aptitude to learn technical details and environments
- You are an excellent communicator - you have a way with words & can connect easily with others. You possess a strong ability to explain highly technical issues to non-technical audiences
- You have a passion for constant improvement - always looking to do things better (both personally, as part of a team and for the company)
- You are capable of prioritizing and allocating resources to / focus efficiently on multiple projects
- You have a deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
All of BlueCat's employees live out our core values:
Curiosity - We care and inquire about the challenges and needs of our customers
Clarity - We keep communication crisp, clear, and responsive
Collaboration - We win with each other, never alone
Transparency - We ensure all relevant information is available – no questions are off limits
Ownership - We are responsible and accountable for getting things done
Working at BlueCat allows you to challenge yourself every day. Our culture advocates innovation, continuous learning and work/life balance. Feed your passion, be bold, get inspired and grow with us!
What you’ll get from us:
Fast growth for BlueCat means fast growth for you! With the world’s biggest and hottest logos as our clients, we are a well-established business that still operates with the fun culture of a start-up. We get to work hard and still have all the fun without all the risk! Experienced leaders make sure we keep going to the moon and beyond.
While we’re growing together, we’ll have your back with solid compensation/bonuses, education budgets, record breaking sales quarters, team and company socials, and a company culture that values curiosity, clarity, collaboration, transparency and ownership.
Joining BlueCat means you’ll be joining a company that’s been certified as a Great Place to Work for the fifth year in a row! In addition to that, we’ve been included in the 2020 lists for the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and Best Workplaces for Women.
If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
Accommodations will be provided throughout the recruitment, hiring and employment process in accordance with the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.