RoR Full Stack Developer
Remote, Pakistan /
Technology – Software Engineering /
Do you want to earn a salary in USD?
Would you like to work from wherever you want with a flexible schedule?
Would you like to be a part of the leading next-gen software developers?
Hi, You finally found us!
Why would you want to work at Blue Coding?
At Blue Coding we specialize in hiring excellent developers and amazing people from all over Latin America and other parts of the world. For the past 8 years, we’ve helped cutting-edge companies in the United States and Canada -both large and small, build great development teams and develop great products. Online shops, digital agencies, SaaS providers, and software consulting firms are a few of our clients. Our team of over 50 engineers is distributed in more than 10 countries across the Americas. We are a fully remote company working with a wide array of technologies and have expertise in every stage of the software development process.
You would be part of a very united and culturally diverse team, who loves movie nights. Our collaborators are individually involved in many initiatives around the world, from wildlife preservation to volunteering at local charities. We also participate in group activities like movie nights and have had yearly retreats before the pandemic. We stand for honesty, fairness, respect, efficiency, hard work, and cooperation.
What are we looking for?
In this opportunity, we are looking for a Ruby Full Stack Developer to work on challenging projects with our sister company who is a development and consulting agency dedicated to providing clients the best e-commerce service for their website. Our ideal candidate can lead a project by managing and fulfilling its priorities, deadlines, and deliverables, providing ongoing maintenance, and enhancements in existing system, attending technical inquiries, meeting with stakeholders and is able to work in a disciplined way in a remote environment. If you are a communicative, detail-oriented, friendly with a positive attitude, independent, self-motivating worker and have good English this is a great fit for you! Our jobs are fully remote and flexible - as long as you have the skills and can get the work done well, you can work anywhere (and anytime) you want.
What's unique about this job?
Our client is our sister company which is based in the United States, but has distributed teams in various locations. They count with experienced software engineers who specialize in Magento, Spree, Shopify, Solidus, and custom Ruby on Rails eCommerce applications. They help clients with the everyday challenges from ongoing development. They also make sure to not only build a good design and functionality for their clients’ sites, but also make sure the backend is set up correctly and on time. They work with clients such as United Cellars and Wardrobe Supplies who have seen a 50-75% increase in revenue.
Here are some of the exciting day-to-day challenges you will face in this role:
- Create, modify, and improve code that is easy to understand and use by other developers you are working with.
- Create automated tests to continuously test product offerings for defects.
- Perform periodic manual regression testing.
- Carefully document testing and any defects.
- Resolve product/code defects.
- Work to improve the customer experience.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop a product that is secure, improves the user experience, and meets our customers’ needs.
You will shine if you have:
- Senior expertise in Ruby/Ruby on Rails
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience
- Solid background with RSPEC, Postgres, MySQL etc.
- Location in Pakistan or nearby regions
- Availability to work on US Time Zones (with an overlap of at least 6 hours - up until 3-4 pm EST Time)
- Proactivity and a high degree of autonomy and seniority to undertake client requirements with minimum supervision
It doesn't hurt if you also have:
- Ecommerce experience
- Shopify Apps experience
- Heroku/AWS experience
Here are some of the perks we offer you:
- Salary in USD
- Flexible schedule (within US Time zones)
- Benefits Package
- 100% remote
- Long-term and full-time
Hey, you are still here!
So, let us ask a few questions. Do you like working in a friendly environment? Are you fluent in English? Do you have a strong work ethic, are detail-oriented and have an ownership mentality? And most importantly do you love music and puppies? If so, then what are you waiting for? Come join our team and become part of this awesome company! We will be expecting you.