Senior RoR & PHP Engineer
Remote Latam /
External – Software Engineering /
Full-time | Remote in LATAM
Would you like to be a part of the next generation of leading developers?
Do you want to earn a salary in USD?
Would you like to work from wherever you want?
Hi, you finally found us!
Why work at Blue Coding?
At Blue Coding, we specialize in hiring excellent developers and amazing people from all over Latin America and other parts of the world. For the past 9 years, we’ve helped cutting-edge companies in the United States and Canada – both large and small – build amazing development teams and develop great products. Online shops, digital agencies, SaaS providers, and software consulting firms are a few of our clients. Our team of over 100 engineers is distributed in more than 10 countries across the Americas. We are a fully remote company working with a wide array of technologies and have expertise in every stage of the software development process.
Our team is highly connected, united, and culturally diverse, and our collaborators are involved in many initiatives around the world, from wildlife preservation to volunteering at local charities. We also participate in group activities like movie nights, trivia, and meme competitions. We stand for honesty, fairness, respect, efficiency, hard work, and cooperation.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with experience in PHP willing to take on challenging projects. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining robust and scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails, PHP, and other modern web development technologies. The ideal candidate should have experience working on remote teams, be self-motivated, and have a passion for coding.
Here are some of the exciting day-to-day challenges you will face in this role:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and maintain high-quality web applications.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code using Ruby on Rails, PHP, and other relevant technologies.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure the code is of high quality.
- Write and maintain automated tests to ensure the quality of the codebase.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in the production environment.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Continuously learn and stay up-to-date with new web development technologies and best practices.
You will shine if you have these:
- 6+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails development.
- Experience in PHP development.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working in a remote environment.
It doesn’t hurt if you also have:
- Experience with other front-end frameworks such as Vue.js, React, or Angular.
- Familiarity with cloud-based services such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with Docker and containerization.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with Elastic Search
Here are some of the perks we offer you:
- Salary in USD
- Flexible schedule (within US Time zones)
- 100% Remote
Hey, you’re still here!
So, let us ask a few questions. Do you like working in a friendly environment? Are you fluent in English? Do you have a strong work ethic, are detail-oriented, and have an ownership mentality? And most importantly, do you love music and puppies? If so, then what are you waiting for? Come join our team and become part of this awesome company! We will be expecting you.