Scrum Master (V)
Remote Latam /
Technology – Software Engineering /
Do you want to earn a salary in USD?
Would you like to work from wherever you want?
Would you like to be a part of the leading next-gen software developers?
Hi, you finally found us!
Why work at Blue Coding?
At Blue Coding we specialize in hiring excellent developers and amazing people from all over Latin America and other parts of the world. For the past 9 years, we’ve helped cutting-edge companies in the United States and Canada -both large and small, build great development teams and develop great products. Online shops, digital agencies, SaaS providers, and software consulting firms are a few of our clients. Our team of over 100 engineers is distributed in more than 10 countries across the Americas. We are a fully remote company working with a wide array of technologies and have expertise in every stage of the software development process.
Our team is highly connected, united, and culturally diverse, and our collaborators are involved in many initiatives around the world, from wildlife preservation to volunteering at local charities. We also participate in group activities like movie nights, trivia, and meme competitions. We stand for honesty, fairness, respect, efficiency, hard work, and cooperation.
What are we looking for?
In this opportunity, we are looking for a Scrum Master to work with one of our foreign clients, a corporation that, through its subsidiaries, provides life insurance protection targeted to the middle American market. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in helping teams deliver great software products with time and budget in mind. As a Scrum Master, you will facilitate daily standups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives meetings and continuously inspect the team's processes to uncover new improvements.
If you are independent, a great communicator, a problem solver, and have strong attention to detail, this is a great fit for you! Our jobs are fully remote – as long as you have the skills and can get the work done well, you can work anywhere in the listed countries you want.
So if you have the skills and can get the job done, join us and work from anywhere you want!
What's unique about this job?
Through innovation in product design and distribution that provides access to the middle market, including call center and web-enabled sales and underwriting processes, quick issuance of policies and an emphasis on products not medically underwritten at the time of sale, the company seeks to make life insurance more affordable for the middle market.
Here are some of the exiting day-to-day challenges you will face in this role:
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings, and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Be a point of contact for external communications to shield development teams from disruptions
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
You will shine if you have these:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) or higher in related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Scaled Agile, Lean etc.)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills
It doesn’t hurt if you also have:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master, or Business Analyst; Certified Scrum Master certificate a plus.
Hey, you are still here!
So, let us ask a few questions. Do you like working in a friendly environment? Are you fluent in English? Do you have a strong work ethic, are detail-oriented and have an ownership mentality? And most importantly do you love music and puppies? If so, then what are you waiting for? Come join our team and become part of this awesome company! We will be expecting you.