Technology – Software Engineering /
Do you want to earn a salary in USD?
Would you like to work from wherever you want?
Would you like to be a part of the leading next-gen software developers?
Hi, you finally found us!
Why work at Blue Coding?
At Blue Coding we specialize in hiring excellent developers and amazing people from all over Latin America and other parts of the world. For the past 9 years, we’ve helped cutting-edge companies in the United States and Canada -both large and small, build great development teams and develop great products. Online shops, digital agencies, SaaS providers, and software consulting firms are a few of our clients. Our team of over 100 engineers is distributed in more than 10 countries across the Americas. We are a fully remote company working with a wide array of technologies and have expertise in every stage of the software development process.
Our team is highly connected, united, and culturally diverse, and our collaborators are involved in many initiatives around the world, from wildlife preservation to volunteering at local charities. We also participate in group activities like movie nights, trivia, and meme competitions. We stand for honesty, fairness, respect, efficiency, hard work, and cooperation.
What are we looking for?
In this opportunity, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with one of our foreign clients, who are providing work with a diversity of clients in different industries including, Health, Legal, and Automotive.
If you are independent, a great communicator, a problem solver, and have strong attention to detail, this is a great fit for you! Our jobs are fully remote – as long as you have the skills and can get the work done well, you can work anywhere in the listed countries you want. So if you have the skills and can get the job done, join us and work from anywhere you want!
What's unique about this job?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key member of a top-shelf engineering team with lots of growth potential. You'll work closely with the product team to develop new features for our platform. And you will participate in mentoring team members and setting a high bar for quality. You'll have the opportunity to take ownership of a cutting-edge consumer platform for Legal software and products. In this critical role, you'll not only deepen your expertise in the legal domain but also actively contribute to shaping and developing products that meet the unique needs of our customers. If you're a seasoned professional with a passion for learning, innovation, and collaboration, your unique insights and technical skills could be the driving force behind our next generation of solutions.
Here are some of the exciting day-to-day challenges you will face in this role:
- Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
- Architect new applications and enhance existing ones.
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams.
- Investigate and fix production issues.
- Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
- Perform code reviews of your team members' work.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Participate in software design discussions.
- Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
- Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
- Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
You will shine if you have these:
- 5+ years with object-oriented programming language.
- Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
- Consuming and creating web services.
- Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively.
It doesn't hurt if you also have:
- Strong fundamentals in web and Linux platforms
- Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
- Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
- Systems integration.
- Distributed systems.
- Service-oriented architecture.
- Other programming languages include Java, C#, Perl, Python, and Ruby.
- Unit testing.
- Load testing.
- Page load optimization.
- Responsive design.
Here are some of the perks we offer you:
- Salary in USD
- Flexible schedule (within US Time zones)
- 100% Remote
Hey, you are still here!
So, let us ask a few questions. Do you like working in a friendly environment? Are you fluent in English? Do you have a strong work ethic, are detail-oriented and have an ownership mentality? And most importantly do you love music and puppies? If so, then what are you waiting for? Come join our team and become part of this awesome company! We will be expecting you.