Systems Architect (V)
Technology – Software Engineering /
Do you want to earn a salary in USD?
Would you like to work from wherever you want?
Would you like to be a part of the leading next-gen software developers?
Hi, you finally found us!
Why work at Blue Coding?
At Blue Coding we specialize in hiring excellent developers and amazing people from all over Latin America and other parts of the world. For the past 9 years, we’ve helped cutting-edge companies in the United States and Canada -both large and small, build great development teams and develop great products. Online shops, digital agencies, SaaS providers, and software consulting firms are a few of our clients. Our team of over 100 engineers is distributed in more than 10 countries across the Americas. We are a fully remote company working with a wide array of technologies and have expertise in every stage of the software development process.
Our team is highly connected, united, and culturally diverse, and our collaborators are involved in many initiatives around the world, from wildlife preservation to volunteering at local charities. We also participate in group activities like movie nights, trivia, and meme competitions. We stand for honesty, fairness, respect, efficiency, hard work, and cooperation.
What are we looking for?
In this opportunity, we are looking for a Systems Architect to work with one of our foreign clients, a corporation that, through its subsidiaries, provides life insurance protection targeted to the middle American market. Reporting to the Enterprise Architect, the ideal candidate will be responsible for defining and communicating a shared technical vision for the solutions developed by many agile release teams.
If you are independent, a great communicator with great attention to detail, and a problem solver this is a great fit for you! Our jobs are fully remote and flexible - as long as you have the skills and can get the work done well, you can work anywhere in the listed countries you want.
What's unique about this job?
Through innovation in product design and distribution that provides access to the middle market, including call center and web-enabled sales and underwriting processes, quick issuance of policies and an emphasis on products not medically underwritten at the time of sale, the company seeks to make life insurance more affordable for the middle market.
Here are some of the exciting day-to-day challenges you will face in this role:
- Work with product teams to create high-level designs for given feature requests.
- Collaborate with application architects and product owners to create technical roadmaps in alignment with strategic plans and enterprise standards.
- Expose technology and organizational needs throughout the enterprise.
- Play a central role in technical, business, and organizational contributions affecting the teams.
- Solves technical problems of the highest scope, complexity, and ambiguity for the given sub-department.
- Look for innovation opportunities between several teams with a willingness to experiment and boldly confront problems of large complexity and scope.
- Propose initial technical implementation that supports architectural changes that solve scaling and performance problems.
- Ensure that OKR-level goals are aligned across several teams in their sub-department.
- Guide conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration across teams.
- Interact with customers and other external stakeholders as a consultant and spokesperson for the work of your sub-department.
- Demonstrate technical excellence and consistency.
You will shine if you have:
- B.S. in Computer Engineering or related field or commensurate real-world engineering experience
- 5-7+ years of principal or senior engineer or related experience with demonstrated knowledge of software development and technical excellence
- 3-5+ years of AWS experience, certification, or equivalent cloud certification
- Experience working with AWS serverless implemented with Python, SQL, NoSQL, and .NET
- AWS serverless using Lambda, Elastic Container Service, DynamoDB, DocumentBD, SQS, SNS and API Gateway
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Full understanding of the software development life cycle and agile practices
- Self-motivated individual who has excellent time management and organizational skills
- You are an avid learner and willing to evaluate and evangelize new technologies
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and relationship skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability, delivering excellent work both at a team level and personal level
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Here are some of the perks we offer you:
- Salary in USD
- Flexible schedule (within US Time zones)
- 100% Remote
Hey, you are still here!
So, let us ask a few questions. Do you like working in a friendly environment? Are you fluent in English? Do you have a strong work ethic, are detail-oriented and have an ownership mentality? And most importantly do you love music and puppies? If so, then what are you waiting for? Come join our team and become part of this awesome company! We will be expecting you.