New York City
Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. This is a great opportunity to become a member of the finance team for a breakthrough company that is disrupting the retail market
To help fuel and manage this growth, we are expanding our finance team in New York City and are looking for an Accounting Manager with a positive attitude who is highly motivated to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will have a full cycle accounting view and be responsible for supporting the monthly close processes, as well as supporting and initiating general accounting and reporting process improvements to gain efficiencies and strengthen the overall control environment.
This position requires a driven self-starter who is able to work comfortably with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Possess strong accounting knowledge with proven ability to analyze and solve technical and operational accounting issues
- Drive the order-to-cash process by processing orders and revenue recognition
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Liaise with team on tax matters and GL accounting
- Oversee and manage payroll accounting and calculations
- Manage operational expense accruals by working directly with finance team and key stakeholders
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Partner with Finance and cross-functionally to bring maximum value to the business while ensuring accurate financial reporting
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including: preparation of audit schedules
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- CPA preferred
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness reimbursement for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.