New York City
Bluecore is a Retail Performance Cloud specializing in artificial intelligence - based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora, Tommy Hilfiger and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are looking for a strong leader to own the corporate accounting function by developing infrastructure, systems and processes. The role is responsible for driving the periodic close, conceptualizing and owning process improvements and interpreting business decisions into GAAP compliant financials. The person in this role will work closely with senior business leaders and finance team to inform and shape the organization's business decisions.
- Leadership and management of the operations of the accounting department, ensuring appropriate delineation of responsibilities and organizational forward planning
- Management of the General Ledger and international consolidation of subsidiaries
- Ownership of all aspects of company accounting including order management, A/R, A/P, cash flow management and general accounting activities
- Develop, evolve, communicate and manage a timely and efficient close process
- Manage process for payroll; including commission and bonus calculations
- Prepare appropriate variance analysis to review with Head of Finance and executive leadership team to analyze critical connections and gaps
- Management of all financial, tax and banking activities including compliance and audits
- Enhance financial processes to drive improvement to support continued growth, including assessment of tech stack and lead transitions to new platforms
- Monitor and research new GAAP pronouncements and evaluate the impact on the company
- Collaboration with Head of Finance and FP&A in developing annual budget, reconciliation of monthly financial results against budgets and forecasts
- Ensure conformance with and adherence to all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures. Establish documentation of policies, procedures and workflow where appropriate.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university
- CPA preferredA minimum of eight years progressively responsible experience in private accounting and public accounting with at least 3 years in a team leadership capacity
- Experience at a high-growth startup, with entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to build the foundation for scale
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); knowledge of Statutory accounting principles, particularly in a SaaS environment
- A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written that are clear and concise
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record as a collaborative partner who drives for results
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience with systems implementations to drive process improvement and scale
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high growth and fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong problem-solving skills identifying and resolving complex issues in an effective and time sensitive pace
- Proven track record of working closely with all major functional leaders across the organizational landscape
- Broad experience with US sales tax, VAT and other tax compliance requirements
- Experience with system implementations, ERP and Netsuite (preferred)
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.