Data Insights Analyst
Bluecore’s Data Insights and Strategy team has two key focuses - First to deliver custom deep dive analysis to our largest enterprise clients, and second to productize and scale the most relevant insights so that they can be delivered to all Bluecore clients. As an Insights Analyst on the team, your job will be to mine, explore, and analyze terabytes of behavioral data and digital marketing engagement data from across 300+ retail brands to discover and deliver insights and strategy for our clients.
We’re looking for a highly motivated data analyst with a strong technical background and a knack for interpreting and communicating the “why” behind data and its application to the business. We are looking for candidates with fluency in SQL, Python, and Excel, and who enjoys and appreciates creative thinking, relentlessly digging into data, and turning the results into clearly communicated and compelling strategies. You’ll be working closely with the other analysts and strategists on the Insights team, as well as Bluecore’s customer success and sales teams to deliver insights to our clients. You will be responsible for discovering, solving, and communicating the business problems that our brands face and working with our engineering teams to create automated solutions.
- Design and build KPI reports and visualizations in Excel, Jupyter Notebooks, and Looker to help make our teams and clients successful.
- Work with the analysts and strategists to help form strategies based on our insights to help our clients reach their business goals.
- Track and monitor the performance of our strategy recommendations. Provide recommendations for optimizations.
- Work with clients, customer success, and sales to discover the challenges faced by our clients.
- Work with engineers to generalize and automate analysis developed on Jupyter Notebooks, Excel, and Looker using tools such as Pandas, Google BigQuery, and CloudSQL.
- BS in analytical fields such as Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Business
- 2+ years experience in business analysis, consulting, data analyst or other similarly analytical roles, preferably related with large data sets.
- Experience with R, Python Pandas or other languages for data analysis is a must.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills for cross-team collaboration.
- Experience creating dashboards with Looker, Periscope, Tableau, and other similar data visualization tools.
- Strong knowledge of statistics
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology start-ups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly NYC Metro Card
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.