Software Engineer Internship
New York City
Bluecore is a Retail Performance Cloud specializing in A.I.-based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands (with 25% of the top 50 Internet Retailers), including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the 37th annual Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are looking for Software Engineering Interns to work across our engineering teams to build web applications and backend systems that perform at scale. The ideal candidate can apply their coursework and experience to solve real-world problems and has a knack for solving complex problems with simple solutions. Our stack consists primarily of Python on the backend and React on the frontend, and we see technology as a means to solving problems and getting things done and thus prioritize talent over existing skill set. We heavily leverage many of Google Cloud hosted infrastructure services including Google App Engine, BigQuery, and Cloud SQL. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to create cohesive products.
- Write code to build high performance, reliable and scalable systems.
- Write clean code and automated tests.
- Participate in peer code and design reviews.
- Currently enrolled as a full-time rising senior or graduate student in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous internship experience or completed projects and coursework using CS fundamentals such as Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience writing software in a programing language such as Python, C++, Java, or Go (Our backend is primarily in Python) is a plus
- Knack for getting things done, whether it be independently or in a team
- Communicates well in all formats
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.