Senior Product Designer
New York City
Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We’re looking for a designer to lead initiatives across our marketing platform to take it to the next level. You will work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Engineers, and Customer Success Managers to identify, research, and design key experiences across our product. As Lead Designer, you will also provide feedback and guidance for other designers on the team.
You can take complicated workflows and break them down into an easy to use, but powerful, experience. You love designing for data, and are not afraid of complexity. You are incredibly curious about how other people do their jobs, and focus on helping our users understand their audience, engage their customers, and grow their businesses.
- Product strategy: Identify and propose new opportunities to grow our product
- Generative research: Conduct user research to build empathy with our customers and to gain a better understanding of their needs, behaviors, and motivations
- Synthesis: Create journey maps and insight summaries to help better understand artefacts to help us better understand our user needs.
- Solutioning: Work with Product Managers to identify requirements, use cases, user journeys, and target audiences.
- Measure: Validate hypotheses and designs through user testing, evaluate the success of launched features with KPIs
- Design Systems thinking: Maintain existing pattern libraries while making necessary updates for scalability.
- End-to-end design: Own the design process from the early stages of discovery, to designing high fidelity mock-ups, to launch
- Collaborate: Work with and support Product Managers and engineers throughout the product development life-cycle
- 5+ years of experience as an Interaction or Product Designer including having worked end-to-end on a product
- 2+ years experience with information architecture
- 2+ years of experience conducting user research
- Ability to decide on, and experience implementing, finishing visual touches on a design project
- Demonstrated experience shipping multiple products and collaborating with Product Managers and Software Engineers in real-time
- Important: Candidates must include a portfolio that shows their design ability and understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and visual design, and clearly states what their contributions were
- Strong communication skills that allow you to clearly explain design decisions and ideas
- Experience working with Sketch and Invision (or similar tools)
- Experience working in a small Design team, and comfortable being in a role with high visibility and requires accountability of work
- Leadership: you bring design to the forefront of product discussions and lead initiatives to identify opportunities for improvement and growth. With a flat hierarchy and collaborative culture, Bluecore will give you the autonomy to bring your own product vision to the table.
- Ownership: you have a strong sense of ownership over the products you create and a commitment to quality, always.
- Motivation: you have an appreciation for the role of marketing in ecommerce, and understand the impact human-centered design can have in this space.
- Curiosity: a desire to learn about our users, what business outcomes they need to accomplish, and why, is essential to building an enterprise product that is not only functional, but also provides best in class user experience and performance.
- Creativity: you are a generative thinker, and can come up with multiple ways to get from point A to point B. You are willing to explore many possibilities before settling on one idea.
To be successful, you should be passionate about the following areas:
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness reimbursement for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.