Manager, Sales Development
The Sales Development Manager is responsible for leading their Marketing Development team to reach their full potential, excel in their function and consistently hit their numbers. This critical role drives revenue targets by providing strong guidance and direction as well as motivating the team and providing feedback in a way that is effective and constructive. In this fast-paced, results-oriented environment, the Manager must be adaptable, resilient and accountable as well as highly experienced in the digital marketing and media landscape in which we operate.
- Recruit, train and coach a team of Marketing Development Representatives responsible for outbound sales prospecting.
- Motivate and inspire the team to grow, raise the bar and exceed expectations.
- Develop B2B accounts with warm and cold leads generated by existing customers from our website.
- Identify trends, evaluate processes and recommend programs and initiatives that drive sales and deliver operational excellence.
- Create opportunities highlighting new product offerings, differentiated assortments, and best in class/first to market merchandising initiatives.
- Deliver frequent daily guidance and training on sales prospecting, email outreach, and outbound calling.
- Ensure the team meets or exceeds quota and pipeline generation goals and consistently deliver individual sales targets every month.
- Manage the day to day workflow, activity and progress of the team as well as coach individual representatives through call shadowing, role play, and performance reporting.
- Develop a performance culture that strives to be hungry and innovative when prospecting.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Demand Generation to increase pipeline velocity of prospects to the team.
- Partner with the Sales Operations team to find efficient and effective ways to impact valued prospect accounts.
- Proactively develop sales opportunities within a variety of business product categories.
- A BA or BS in Business or Marketing from an accredited university with a minimum of 5 years experience in B2B marketing programs and demand generation, both developing and executing programs at a market leading software startup.
- A minimum of 3 years in a leadership role of a large team of marketing development representatives with a dedicated results oriented approach to performance management. Strong coaching and mentoring skills are critical.
- Experience in prospecting, nurturing, educating and qualifying target prospects to create sales-ready opportunities including extensive experience in outbound cold calling targeting multiple level contacts including executive management
- A demonstrated track record of customer acquisition across multiple channels, including LinkedIn, Marketing Automation, Social Media and networking.
- Exceptional proficiency at learning complex software solutions combined with the ability to explain the products in a manner consumable by both inexperienced and experienced customers
- Superior communication skills both oral and written with a high level of comfort in influencing without authority over the phone and in person.
- Excellent multitasking acumen that is capable of tackling challenging and diverse tasks simultaneously, strong organizational skills, work ethic and attention to detail.
- Superior professionalism, resourcefulness and judgment
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology start-ups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly NYC Metro Card
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.