Staff Software Engineer
New York City
Bluecore is a Retail Performance Cloud specializing in artificial intelligence - based workflows. Our unique ability to leverage machine learning to match customer data with real-time product and behavior enables brands to build intelligent, marketing communications and personalized campaigns in seconds vs. days. More than 400 retail brands, including Staples, Perry Ellis, Teleflora, Tommy Hilfiger and Best Buy Canada, increase their performance with less effort leveraging our products. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale
- Own projects end-to-end, including gathering requirements, designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining systems
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to deliver high quality products
- Coaching and growing junior developers through mentorship and leading by example
- Advising on best practices for designing and architecting scalable solutions, including design reviews, code reviews, and onboarding new technologies.
- 6-15 years of professional experience
- B.E./B.S. in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics or relevant field/equivalent work experience
- Significant programming expertise. Experience with languages such as Python, C++, Java, or Go is a plus
- Track record of delivering high quality products and a knack for getting things done
- Passion for learning new technologies and developing skills
- Passion for working with and mentoring engineers
- Deep understanding and domain expertise in a field like: stream processing, big data, frontend development, product engineering
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.