Senior Software Engineer - Delivery Pipeline
New York City /
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue, and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to work across our engineering teams to build backend systems that perform at scale. The ideal candidate is adept at writing robust, extensible, and efficient code and has a knack for solving complex problems with simple solutions. Our stack consists primarily of Python and Golang on the backend. We see technology as a means to solving problems and getting things done and thus prioritize talent over existing skill set. We use Google Cloud hosted infrastructure services including Google App Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, and Cloud SQL. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Design, architect, and develop performant, reliable, and high-quality systems at scale within one or more engineering domains.
- Lead the delivery of major projects owned by our Delivery Pipeline squad, such as making improvements to our pipeline throughput, as well as recommendation engine.
- Plan and executes effectively on large architecture projects with complex dependencies.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers and designers, data scientists, and cross-functional engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Work effectively in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Communicate technical ideas, proposals, and plans effectively through presentations, technical specs, blog posts, and documentation.
- Actively mentor to decrease the ramp-up time of new and existing team members.
- Experience working with GKE or other Kubernetes cloud services and Microservice Architecture highly-sought. Additional exposure to TypeScript, GraphQL, or postgreSQL a plus, but not required.
- Strong experience in product development, including API and integrations engineering. Experience with data-driven SaaS platforms required, B2B or Ad Marketplace products desired.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, including recent experience in a similar industry or problem space with similar technical challenges. Experience building MarTech, AdTech, eCommerce, Email, or Big Data platforms and products highly desirable.
- B.S./B.E in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics, or relevant field/equivalent work experience.
- Experience excelling within a high-growth, startup environment or building out a new team/function within a larger company is preferred.
- Experience with technical team mentorship, including guiding other engineers to become more effective technical leaders and providing feedback on best practices in code and design. Ability to identify your team's dependencies on other areas and across functions, communicate effectively to remove any immediate blockers, and propose and implement process changes that strengthen and maintain efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with internal stakeholders on long-term technical roadmaps, as well as in articulating short-term issues and delivery.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering sizable projects that span multiple teams and multiple quarters--or even years!-- that produce significant results and impact overall business success.
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.