Senior Data Scientist
We are looking for Senior Data Scientists with strong mathematical backgrounds to work alongside our engineering teams to build the next generation of retail and commerce models that delight and empower marketers. The ideal candidate is one that has several years of experience researching, building, serving, and maintaining data science models at scale. They have first-hand experience with what works and what doesn’t, and are eager to share this experience with more junior members and guide them through that process. They are also able to and excited to help architect and build out the data science architecture needed to accelerate innovation on models and facilitate serving and maintaining them. Finally, they should be curious and eager to identify and explore the myriad of other products that can be built on our data asset. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
First-party data is at the core of everything we build and the Data Science team at Bluecore is at the forefront of exploring innovative and exciting ways to activate that data asset. We’re a dedicated team of data scientists and engineers working together to build powerful models that empower marketers to make the right decisions and engage their customers with personalized content. Our approach to building models is an academic one, starting with a literature search, a baseline, and an iterative process of training and validation to identify the most suitable model that is as simple as possible and as powerful as necessary. We employ a wide variety of models, such as Bayesian models for predicting customer lifetime value, and matrix factorization to identify a customer’s product affinity. Our models operate at scale and crunch through millions of data points to make decisions that have been shown to double revenue and triple reach, and are designed in a flexible manner to generalize across our set of 300+ diverse customers who span industries from apparel to automotive. To explore, build, deploy and maintain models we leverage many tools such as BigQuery, Spark, Cloud SQL, Keras, TensorFlow, Airflow, Google App Engine and Google Compute Engine. Finally, we’re a team that values applied research and constantly exploring the frontier of what’s possible; diving into topics such as topic modeling, restricted Boltzmann machines, recurrent neural networks, convolutional neural networks for image feature extraction, and most recently an extensive dive into differential privacy.
- Identify new opportunities to leverage our data asset
- Propose and drive technical initiatives
- Propose infrastructure to accelerate the pace of model exploration and improve model serving and maintenance
- Meet with customers to discuss our models and our roadmap
- Identifying appropriate models/algorithms to solve product requirements
- Meticulous experimentation to evaluate and compare models
- Writing internal and external facing documentation describing models and approaches
- Deploying models to production and maintaining them
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics or other relevant quantitative disciplines, or equivalent industry experience
- Relevant coursework and experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Statistics, Optimization
- Deep understanding of statistical/probabilistic analysis and linear algebra
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience, including internships
- Ability to write production-ready code
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and/or Optimization
- Experience with ML at scale
- Experience with scale computing: Hadoop/Scala/Spark/Cassandra
- Experience with SQL
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology start-ups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly NYC Metro Card
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.