Senior Software Engineer
New York City
Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to work across our engineering teams to build web applications and backend systems that perform at scale. The ideal candidate is adept at writing robust, extensible, and efficient code and has a knack for solving complex problems with simple solutions. Our stack consists primarily of Python and Golang on the backend and React on the frontend. We see technology as a means to solving problems and getting things done and thus prioritize talent over existing skill set. We use Google Cloud hosted infrastructure services including Google App Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, and Cloud SQL. Our culture emphasizes making good tradeoffs, working as a team, and leaving your ego at the door.
- Design, architect, and build performant, reliable, high-quality systems at scale.
- Own projects end-to-end, including gathering requirements, designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining systems.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Coaching and growing junior developers through mentorship and leading by example
- 4-10 years of professional experience
- B.E./B.S. in one of the following departments (i) Computer Science, (ii) Computer Engineering, (iii) Information Sciences, (iv) Electronics, (v) Mathematics or relevant field/equivalent work experience
- Significant programming expertise.
- Experience with languages such as Python, C++, Java, or Go is a plus.
- Track record of delivering high quality products
- Passion for learning new technologies and developing skills
- Knack for getting things done, whether it be independently or in a team
- Experience/Passion for exploring diverse fields such as Machine Learning, AI, microservice architecture
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness reimbursement for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.