Senior Sales Engineer
Bluecore is the leading decisioning platform designed specifically for commerce organizations. We combine customer data and the product catalog in order to power individualized customer interactions across various marketing channels including email, Social, Search and Display. Our platform powers marketing decisions for over 325 organizations including Staples, Newegg, Cabela's, Reebok, GoPro and many more. Backed by FirstMark Capital, Georgian Partners and Felicis Ventures to the tune of $30 Million, we are among New York City’s fastest growing SaaS start-ups.
We are looking for an energetic and dynamic Senior Sales Engineer with proven experience in the Marketing Automation space to lead our Sales Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with the Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering leadership teams to support Sales efforts in client-facing meetings, calls, and projects, to develop and lead custom demonstrations, to build out and/or enhance standard demonstrations, to scope out technical specifications for new business opportunities, and will be responsible for achieving personal goals. This individual will be a valuable contributor with growth opportunity into leading a Sales Engineering team (client-facing).
- Supporting Sales Account Executives with your product knowledge and technical knowledge, helping pitch Bluecore’s marketing technology to world-leading companies, especially in eCommerce.
- Assertively being the subject matter expert in sales meetings for all product and technology-related topics.
- Delivering technical and/or product presentations that demonstrate the value of the Bluecore platform.
- Communicating highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, from software engineers to executive-level decision-makers.
- Analyzing the technical structure of the websites of prospects, to ensure compatibility with Bluecore technology and identify the scope of Implementation Services required to launch the Bluecore Platform.
- Managing the Bluecore demo environment to ensure highest value product demos.
- Training and enabling the sales team, specifically pertaining to the topics of product, technology, and competitive positioning.
- Working cross-functionally between teams, including sales, marketing, product, and engineering.
- Writing answers to and being generally accountable for lengthy, complex RFPs and security questionnaires.
- Constantly researching to stay up-to-date on competitive solutions, products and services.
- Developing small-scale coding projects that support Bluecore demo processes and front-end PoCs, as needed.
- Bachelor’s-level education, combined with any sort of technical background, whether that be a formal degree, work experience, or personal projects. You need not be an engineer, but you must be a general technologist.
- 7-10 years of full-time work experience at a tech company or a startup. Marketing technology experience is a major plus.
- Experience managing teams and developing people.
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skill. An ability to simplify complex topics, and always relate technical explanations back to the business value of the product.
- Ability to react quickly and respond accurately to client questions.
- Problem-solving skills that enable you to identify the best solutions, given a list of prospect business requirements.
- An intrinsic curiosity and desire to always learn more, in order to keep up with both Bluecore’s rapid pace of development and the broader industry.
- A positive, team-first attitude. Bluecore has a unique, human-focused culture, where egos are subjugated and the team persists beyond the job.
- Must be comfortable working day-to-day with cloud-based workflow tools, such as Salesforce, Google Apps, and Slack.
- Ability to travel up to 20% and authorization to work in the USA.
- Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology start-ups
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness stipend for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly NYC Metro Card
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.